ICF photography thread

zen

Wow Vijay..That first pic is amazing!! I would hit a Toddy shack and have some fish head curry in that weather!
Yeah, it was a small and nice beach and they had all the fish freshly caught at the seaside restaurants...but I had a flight to catch back to Bangalore so couldn't spend much time there.

Please elaborate...
first pic: the lighthouse is at the dead center .... I don't know what the people at the bottom right are meant for. If they are to project the sense of scale to the light house then may be it's ok but most folks would be able to sense the scale so may be that takes away from the pic 2nd pic: the horizon line is at the center This is just to help to improve ..... in terms of snapshots, this is no big deal

first pic: the lighthouse is at the dead center .... I don't know what the people at the bottom right are meant for. If they are to project the sense of scale to the light house then may be it's ok but most folks would be able to sense the scale so may be that takes away from the pic 2nd pic: the horizon line is at the center This is just to help to improve ..... in terms of snapshots, this is no big deal
Thanks Rett! You just gave me feedback like my dad does...lol! I am just doing some googling on rule of thirds. Thanks again!

Thanks Rett! You just gave me feedback like my dad does...lol! I am just doing some googling on rule of thirds. Thanks again!
Many cameras have a rule of thirds grid that comes on the lcd .... may be you have that option in your camera but it's turned off

Many cameras have a rule of thirds grid that comes on the lcd .... may be you have that option in your camera but it's turned off
Yes my camera has it but I didn't know that the grid was the rule of thirds grid...in fact I didnt know about the rule of thirds until you mentioned it I'll try and use it better from now on

Yes my camera has it but I didn't know that the grid was the rule of thirds grid...in fact I didnt know about the rule of thirds until you mentioned it I'll try and use it better from now on
When you use the rule of thirds, make sure that the focus point is at the right place Many cameras allow you to move the focus point .... or if your camera allows, you could use the center focus point (usually the fastest to get focus on many cameras) to lock the focus and recompose .... but to do this, my guess is, you will have to use manual or semi-automotic modes like aperture/shutter priority