Zaheer a doubtful starter for 1st test?

saneindian

yeah n selectors need to take that call.Zaheeer would obviously wanna play.but it selectors job to see whether its worth taking the risk.there wasnt any need wen our bowlers were doing well.we needed him more here.injury heals by resting' date='not by playing intl. cricket[/quote'] I find that hillarious. Whats wrong in selectors giving the best bowler what he wants. Also remember in Zak's case, it has always been the case of more he bowls , better he gets. In case of bowlers making a comeback after an injury lay off, resting doesn't help. Overs under the belt does.
I find that hillarious. Whats wrong in selectors giving the best bowler what he wants. Also remember in Zak's case, it has always been the case of more he bowls , better he gets. In case of bowlers making a comeback after an injury lay off, resting doesn't help. Overs under the belt does.
I agree. If ZAK was rested for the ODIs against NZ, then he would have he would have been rusty against SAF and we wouldn't want that right especially on a pitch where he would do wonders. Can't have our best bowler bowling 4-5 overs in the first test match and then become a passenger in the team. Unadkat would be handy at Centurion but I have a feeling that the team management are going to go with Umesh yadav. As long as they don't go with 2 spinners, I'm fine with whomever plays between Yadav and Unadkat.