The Champions [CSK] Thread

spectre

CSK Squad :csk: Thala MS Dhoni Batsman Murali Vijay Michael Hussey Suresh Raina Subramaniam Badrinath George Bailey All Rounders: Albie Morkel Dwayne Bravo Scott Styris Francois du Plessis Wicket Keeper: Wridhiman Saha Bowlers: Ravichandran Ashwin Doug Bollinger Sudeep Tyagi Ben Hilfenhaus Nuwan Kulasekara Suraj Randiv Passenger: Joginder Sharma :banghead: Add Satish, S Anirudha and few other TN and Railway lads and we have a fairly strong squad

‘I will miss Chennai and Dhoni’

Sri Lankan off-spinner Muttiah Muralitharan says he will miss his previous IPL team Chennai Super Kings and captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni but is excited to play for Kochi franchisee, the new entrants in the Twenty20 league. Muralitharan, who had played a crucial role in CSK's title-triumph in IPL-III and Champions League last year, was been signed up by team Kochi for USD 1.1 million at the two-day auction in Bangalore. "I played with them for three years and have several happy memories with the team. My wife is also from Chennai and she is upset with this change but it happens in the game. I will miss Chennai, my teammates and miraculous captain Dhoni," Muralitharan told PTI. "Chennai had an excellent captain, a wonderful team and tremendous support. We enjoyed playing for them and last year was memorable in which we won the IPL and Champions league. I have taken a lot of wickets for them," said the veteran, who has 515 ODI and 800 Test wickets in his kitty. "Kochi is a new venture and we will have new captain and new targets. I am quite excited about this. We will start afresh and try to give our best. I hope to have home like atmosphere in Kochi as well. I hope that people will understand my language (Tamil) in Kochi also," he added. The spin wizard, who took 40 wickets in 40 matches for Chennai in last three seasons, said he wants to extend his IPL career for a few more years. "I want to play IPL for the next two or three more years. I will try to perform with best of my abilities and experience. Team Kochi has put so much faith on me and I will not disappoint them," said the ace off spinner, Talking about Kochi's combination of players, Muralitharan said they need some more young Indian guns.

i agree. tamim is wisden player of year. he is very good atacking batsman.
He has showed nothing spectacular in limited over games. But i think it might have been worth to have him as a back up opener in some team as I dont see him in the starting 11 against the top 4 international players in all the franchises.

He has showed nothing spectacular in limited over games. But i think it might have been worth to have him as a back up opener in some team as I dont see him in the starting 11 against the top 4 international players in all the franchises.
Wisden player of the year was for his performances in tests, I think. We seem to have a problem of plenty with more than useful foreign players in our squad. But am not sure how successful Hussey will be as an opener. That is where Tamim could have filled in, if needed. But I have full confidence in our franchisee's think tank and their strategy. Only obvious blot in the strategy is Jogi, who stands out like a 'Dhristi pottu' :--D

But I have full confidence in our franchisee's think tank and their strategy. Only obvious blot in the strategy is Jogi, who stands out like a 'Dhristi pottu' :--D
You are right!!! Maybe thats why M$D hires Jogi - to serve as his 'Dhrishti pottu' (to ward off the evil eye) :hysterical: I am quite sure this is M$D behind the hiring, otherwise cannot understand why CSK got into a bidding war for him! :hmmmm: