Kings XI Punjab team thread

Sir john

Gillespie joins Kings XI Punjab as bowling coach Jason Gillespie, the former Australia fast bowler, will join Kings XI Punjab as a bowling coach for the ongoing IPL. Gillespie, who was head coach of the Zimbabwe franchise Midwest Rhinos during their domestic season, left for India on Saturday morning. Punjab are led by Adam Gilchrist and coached by Michael Bevan. "Bevo and Adam Gilchrist as captain have been working hard to have someone work with their bowlers which is nice of them," Gillespie told the Advertiser. "I spoke to Michael on Wednesday night and he was keen to have me over there. It is just a matter of having a simple yet effective game plan, go out and do a job and I am there to help.'' Gillespie played 71 Tests for Australia and was part of a opening bowling combination with Glenn McGrath. He picked up 259 wickets at 26.13. "I have made a decision to give it a crack and see where it takes me and opportunities like this don't come along every day so I thought I had better take it. "Bevo's big thing is having someone to mentor his young bowling group so that is exciting." :good:

middle order is not solid. Lack of finisher also will hurt them. KKD is not a bad finisher. But he is grossly out of form. Irfan is also not at his usual best with bat. So Gilly has to address that part to win from any situation.
:confused: :hmmmm2: