Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

Guest Gunner

The funny thing is I want all these desi accented Manure supporters to go out in Machester on a game night and see what happens to them. They will be the butt of racist taunts and potentially an insanely violent beating because they are "Paki". ****ing idiots.

^ Mariyam - Why did you edit out the reply to the 'closet soccer fan' comment? :dance: Thinking up on something else cleverer? :D
:D Suffice to say, I'm not a football fan. I saw the game because I was talked into it. I don't hate the game per se. But I positively detest people who stay 8000 kms away and behave as if they are from downtown Madrid.
The funny thing is I want all these desi accented Manure supporters to go out in Machester on a game night and see what happens to them. They will be the butt of racist taunts and potentially an insanely violent beating because they are "Paki". ****ing idiots.
Really? I'm surprised. Doesn't Manchester United earn a lot from merchandising? Isn't it in the clubs interest to keep a clean image with respect to racist fans/ hooligans?

Guest Gunner
:D Really? I'm surprised. Doesn't Manchester United earn a lot from merchandising? Isn't it in the clubs interest to keep a clean image with respect to racist fans/ hooligans?
Nothing of the sort, Manchester is deep into Geordie country, they will kill these "pakis"with their bare hands. You have no idea how violent liverpool, manchester, leeds etc can be. The only time in my life someone used a racist slur against me in my entire life was in leeds when a bunch of guys shouted "****ing paki" at me. Most of our desi boys don't know how it is and what is their aukaat in front of these guys. Viva Manure BC. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I won't go so far as to say football is making people excessively stupid. But it does bring it out in it most carnal form. But it's not just football. I experience this catharsis with sharukh fans too
I don't get your SRK analogy? SRK is from this country. People don't have to pretend to be someone else to like SRK or use the word "we' when referring to SRK or his movies. Neither do they rrreally trry and mimmikkkkkkk his dialogues. Nor is any SRK merchandise sold. What is the similarity? PS: I am a big time SRK fan. :P

Nothing of the sort, Manchester is deep into Geordie country, they will kill these "pakis"with their bare hands. You have no idea how violent liverpool, manchester, leeds etc can be. The only time in my life someone used a racist slur against me in my entire life was in leeds when a bunch of guys shouted "****ing paki" at me. Most of our desi boys don't know how it is and what is their aukaat in front of these guys. Viva Manure BC. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I don't get your SRK analogy? SRK is from this country. People don't have to pretend to be someone else to like SRK or use the word "we' when referring to SRK or his movies. Neither do they rrreally trry and mimmikkkkkkk his dialogues. Nor is any SRK merchandise sold. What is the similarity? PS: I am a big time SRK fan. :P
No it was not exactly an analogy. Separate case of stupidity in my observation. Nothing to do with OP. Just one more manifestation of "excessive stupidity" among some. Too bad you are one of them. I was beginning to like you :smile:

I was invited to go to that place that night. Someone I know works there. It was a free-booze night and I didnt go :(( Damn you CSK :wall:
We had gone to Jiggs Kalra's Punjabi grill ( directly opposite Manchester Cafe) for dinner that night. By the time we were leaving, i.e 10:45 pm the place was choc a bloc. And it was still another hour for the game. Red everywhere. :((

I went for a couple of PL games a few years back. The majority of people are uneducated drunkards. I've never gone back since. Mind you, this was not in the north either (the cities mentioned by Gunner like Newcastle, Leeds, Gunchester etc). I was never a huge football fan in any case though I watch the odd game on television. Compare that to the crowds at Lord's test matches or Wimbledon. I go to both every year. Call them what you want but atleast they know how to behave. Never underestimate the football hooligans in the UK. They single handedly made Burberry a brand of chavs and ruined their global image. :hysterical: The funny thing is that football is seen as 'elite' in India according to a few posts in this thread but it is the opposite here (where the game is actually played).

Guest Gunner
I went for a couple of PL games a few years back. The majority of people are uneducated drunkards. I've never gone back since. Mind you, this was not in the north either (the cities mentioned by Gunner like Newcastle, Leeds, Gunchester etc). I was never a huge football fan in any case though I watch the odd game on television. Compare that to the crowds at Lord's test matches or Wimbledon. I go to both every year. Call them what you want but atleast they know how to behave. Never underestimate the football hooligans in the UK. They single handedly made Burberry a brand of chavs and ruined their global image. :hysterical: The funny thing is that football is seen as 'elite' in India according to a few posts in this thread but it is the opposite here (where the game is actually played).
Never underestimate the Geordie!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: PS: Their women are pure class as well. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So true. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Guest Gunner
I live in Manchester' date=' thats hardly the norm now is it?[/quote'] 1. I thought you said you were brummie. 2. I never said that this happens every night in Manchester. Are you actually in a position to deny any of the things which I have mentioned earlier?

1. I thought you said you were brummie. 2. I never said that this happens every night in Manchester. Are you actually in a position to deny any of the things which I have mentioned earlier?
Im at uni, honestly have never really seen any violence or out of control football fans in my year of living here, although living in Fallowfield I will admit is not exactly an accurate barometer for manchester as a whole. And yes those Indian "fans" would probably get abuse, I would abuse them (obviously not call them a paki im not a moron) they look ridculous. But saying they would get beatings is a big shout and I just cant see that happenening.