WC Game: PTW and MOM

Zelig

NOTE: Make your predictions atleast 30 minutes before the toss of each match I didn't get any replies in the other thread, so creating a separate one :proud: Rules: Predict the winner

• 10 pts for correct predictions
  • 0 pts for incorrect ones
Predict the MOM
  • 25 pts for correct prediction
  • 0 pts for incorrect player prediction but team right
  • -5 pts for F'ing up both player and team

MOM role/type predictor You have to predict one among these. You stand to earn 10 pts for correct uns, no negative pts.

• Openers
  • Nos. 3-5
  • Nos. 6-8
  • All rounders
  • Bowlers
In case of all rounders, a player will be considered as an all rounder if he scores 30+ and takes 2+ wickets. But, if he scores less than 30 n takes 2+ wickets, he'll be considered purely as a bowler. If he wins the game with his bat alone, then one of the first three categories apply. Say Kallis picks up 3 wickets n scores 50 odd coming in at No. 3 and wins the MOM, he'll be considered as an all rounder. But if he wins the game purely as a batsman, category 3-5 is the correct prediction. Only for Big Eight (Ind, Aus, SA, SL, Eng, Pak, NZ, WI) matches in League stage, QF, SF and Finals. League Matches: South Africa vs. West Indies Australia vs. New Zealand Sri Lanka vs. Pakistan India vs. England Sri Lanka vs. Australia England vs. South Africa New Zealand vs. Pakistan India vs. South Africa England vs. West Indies New Zealand vs. Sri Lanka Australia vs. Pakistan India vs. West Indies Two make a ton 1. You gotta predict two players (one from each side) you think will score a total tally of hundred or more runs. Team A Player 1 + Team B Player 2 = 100+ 2. 10 pts for correct guesses, no negatives. 3. No half points; you should get both the players right. 4. Players can't be from the same team. The five-fers 1. You gotta predict two bowlers (one from each side) you think will get a total tally of five or more wickets. Team A Bowler 1 + Team B Bowler 2 = 5+ 2. 10 pts for correct guesses, no negatives. 3. No half points; you should get both the bowlers right. 4. Bowlers can't be from the same team. tics Bhai's Duckies (named in honor of tics paaji) 1. Predict the player you think will get out on duck. 2. 10 pts for win, no negatives. 3. Obv., predictions are VOIDed in case no player gets out for zero. MOD 1. Predict the mode of dismissal of 3 players (can be from the same or either teams). 2. If the player doesn't get to bat then prediction is VOIDed. (So, it's safe to go with top order batsmen) 3. 20 pts for a win, no negatives. 4. All or nothing. No half points. 5. Only for non-minnow matches. NOTE: Points will be doubled if you get all the predictions (PTW, MOM, MOM role/type, 2-TON, Fifer, Duckies, MOD) correct for that particular match. All the matches in League Phase, QF, SF n Finals. %2$s
1. Fall of wickets
  • Predict the runs (ranges of 20) at which a wicket falls.
  • Batting position and not player name.
  • Predict it for three players (from same or either team)
  • 10 pts for each correct prediction.

2. When out?

• Predict the overs (ranges of 10) at which a wicket falls.
  • Player Name.
3. ‘I got a call’ batsman
  • Predict three players’ names who you think will be dismissed before the batsman ahead of him.
  • For example, say Viru gets out and Gauti joins Sachin. Now, if GG gets out next (before Sachin) then GG is an ‘I got a call’ batsman. But if Sachin gets out before GG, then GG is NOT a ‘I got a call’ batsman.
  • Retired hurts are VOIDed.

4. Odd/Even

• Predict it for three batsmen.
  • VALID for NOT OUT batsmen (should have faced at least one ball) or run-out without facing a ball.
  • Players from same or either side.
  • 0 is even btw.
5. Save us from Saheba
  • Predict the number of Successful UDRS reviews (entire match).
  • Predict the number of Unsuccessful UDRS reviews (entire match).
  • 15 pts for each correct prediction.

6. Philanthropists

• Predict three bowlers you think will concede runs at 6 RPO or more.
  • Bowlers from same or either side.
  • Bowler should have bowled min. of 4 completed overs.
7. Power plays
  • Predict the number of runs that will be scored in three power plays.
  • Power plays of your choice. Just say, PP 2 Inns 1 – 30..etc
  • Runs in ranges of 5.

8. The Last of the Mohicans

• Predict the last two batsmen who would see off the match (chasing team won), or the bowler who will bowl the last over of the match (fielding team won).
  • You can predict for both scenarios. Like for instance, India batting first – LOM: Munaf Patel; India chasing – LOM: Dhoni and Yusuf Pathan
  • Solid 30 points. In case of fielding team won, if you get at least one of the batsmen right, then you’ll earn 15 points.
9. Partners
  • You should predict the sum of the batting positions of the batsmen who were involved in a 50+ partnership.
  • For ex. if Sachin is involved in a 50+ partnership with UV n MSD , also MSD/Yusuf are involved in a 50+ partnership then the correct prediction would be
  • {(2 + 4 + 2 + 5) = 13 + (5 + 6) = 11} = 24.
  • 100+ partnerships are NOT counted in 50+ ones.
  • I shall provide you the ranges ahead of the match.
  • Solid 30 points.

10. Extras

• Predict the extras in ranges of three (viz. 8-10, 22-24, so on.)
  • For both the innings.
  • 15 points each.
11. Player v Player
  • Predict the number of runs (in ranges of 5) a batsman will score off three bowlers.
  • For example, Sehwag v Anderson: 20-24 | Sehwag v Shahzad: 9-13 | Sehwag v Bresnan: 1-4
  • Batsman and bowlers of your choice. Same batsman, not multiple ones.

12. iMax

• Predict the maximum runs that will be scored off a single over in both the innings and the over.
  • Runs in ranges of two (like 13-14, 15-16, so on). Overs in ranges of five (like 45-49, 11-15).
  • 15 pts for each correct prediction.
1. Every player will predict. It is NOT one prediction per team. 2. You can't predict for your team mate unless a notification is sent to me via PM, or it's posted public on the forum. 3. Tactics like the entire team predicting the same player for MOM (aggressive) or each member choosing a different player (defensive) is entirely up to you. 4. You can predict the results at a go instead of waiting till the day of the match. 5. You should get in your predictions 30 minutes before the toss. 6. In case of No Results, MOM prediction stands. 7. Teams formed are final. 8. Peeps (pls come in pairs) are welcome to join the league even after the WC has started, but they have to start at -25. 9. MVP Rules:
  • If two or more players finish equal on points, then the players' team points will be considered as tie breaker.
  • In case two players from the same team finish at the top, then the player with the maximum correct predictions in the knock out stages will be the winner.
  • If we are still not able to separate the conjoined twins, I say, "F you both" and they'll share the prize money.

Pls adhere to the rules. Thanks :icflove: Click here for points table Prize Moneiz 1. 500 millions 2. 250 millions 3. 100 millions MVP: 500 millions PS: Thanks ICFTeam :bow:

I'm in.
:icflove: I guess if I explain the rules then more peeps will be interested. Here is how it's done - 1. You say, "I'm in". 2. Once the number of players is confirmed, you gotta choose a random number. For instance, there are 20 players willing to play then you've to choose a number within 1-20. If a number is already taken by a user (SJ) and g92 comes to me asking for the same number, I'll show a :finger: and ask him to choose another un. Strictly FCFS. 3. Generate teams through random number generator. I'll use this online tool . You've to trust me :isalute: 4. A team may comprise of 2,3,4 members depending upon the total no. of players. 5. The match tactics like the entire team predicting the same player for MOM (aggressive) or each member choosing a different player (defensive) is entirely upto you and that's what makes this game interesting. Play as individuals, win as a team. :two_thumbs_up: 6. ICF$ will be given to the winning team and MVP. Mods, BB appeared in my dreams last night and asked me to use his moniez for this game :((