WC Game: PTW and MOM

Zelig

Leaderboard updated! Blue Brigade & Double Trouble are tied at the top with 155. Punjabi by Nature is third followed by Indi Commandos. The Real Indi Commandos aren't real after all :beee: It's a four horse race for MVP at the moment: ludhi paaji, RoRo, g92 and lm. :nice:

Leaderboard updated! Blue Brigade & Double Trouble are tied at the top with 155. Punjabi by Nature is third followed by Indi Commandos. The Real Indi Commandos aren't real after all :beee: It's a four horse race for MVP at the moment: ludhi paaji, RoRo, g92 and lm. :nice:
Thanks Sanjay!! Appreciate your effort in starting the competition n updating excel sheet after every match.:two_thumbs_up:
How about spicing the competition a lil bit? :dance: Introducing MOM position/type predictor You have to predict one among these. You stand to earn 10 pts for correct uns, no negative pts.
  • Openers
  • Nos. 3-5
  • Nos. 6-8
  • All rounders
  • Bowlers
In case of all rounders, a player will be considered as an all rounder if he scores 30+ and takes 3+ wickets. But, if he scores less than 30 n takes 3 wickets, he'll be considered purely as a bowler. If he wins the game with his bat alone, then one of the first three categories apply. Say Kallis picks up 3 wickets n scores 50 odd coming in at No. 3 and wins the MOM, he'll be considered as an all rounder. But if he wins the game purely as a batsman, category 3-5 is the correct prediction. Only for Big Eight clashes in League stage, QF, SF and Finals :orderorder: * Bangles don't belong to the big eight (even if they progress to QF) n I don't give a F about ICC rankings :beee: We need a majority (11 votes) to float this idea from the next big match onwards :icflove: Edit: Where is the Thumb Up :((
Thts a nice idea actually. I think your thought behind this is: In the matches between top teams, it would difficult to predict MoM among 22 players. So in place of MoM player, we have to predict the MoM players Type/Role from:
  • Openers
  • Nos. 3-5
  • Nos. 6-8
  • All rounders
  • Bowlers

I'd suggest to keep the award points as 25 only, do not change them to 10.

Thanks Sanjay!! Appreciate your effort in starting the competition n updating excel sheet after every match.:two_thumbs_up:
No problem :icflove:
Thts a nice idea actually. I think your thought behind this is: In the matches between top teams, it would difficult to predict MoM among 22 players. So in place of MoM player, we have to predict the MoM players Type/Role from:
  • Openers
  • Nos. 3-5
  • Nos. 6-8
  • All rounders
  • Bowlers

I'd suggest to keep the award points as 25 only, do not change them to 10.

:nono: MOM player type/role is just an add-on. MOM prediction stays.
No problem :icflove: :nono: MOM player type/role is just an add-on. MOM prediction stays.
But tht way, there is nothing much to guess:dontknow: say you guess sachin as MoM, its obvious tht his 'Type' will be 'Opener'. Even if you guess an alround playerlike Kallis or Waston, you wont guess their type as 'Allrounder' bcoz you wont bank on them to take 3 wkts. The only thing we wuld be guessing is the batting positions for a player, say if i guess dhoni for MoM, i'd be guessing whether he'd bat at 3-5 or at 6-8 so, how would this add-on help in making it more interesting??
But tht way, there is nothing much to guess:dontknow: say you guess sachin as MoM, its obvious tht his 'Type' will be 'Opener'. Even if you guess an alround playerlike Kallis or Waston, you wont guess their type as 'Allrounder' bcoz you wont bank on them to take 3 wkts. The only thing we wuld be guessing is the batting positions for a player, say if i guess dhoni for MoM, i'd be guessing whether he'd bat at 3-5 or at 6-8 so, how would this add-on help in making it more interesting??
This is just a back up game, if you want to call so. For instance, you aren't sure if Kolhi or Sachin would win the MOM, then you predict Sachin in MOM and 3-5 (Kolhi) for player type/role. Remember it also includes players from both sides. Say, you predicted Amla for MOM and Openers in type/role. But in reality, KP wins the MOM, then you still gain 10 pts unintentionally.. All rounders need a bit of tweaking. Thanks for pointing it out.