Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

He is mainly low 130s but tall and good in line and length..he can be a good prospect on the future..moves the ball and gets bounce
:( thats a Dampner.. i'm sure he is a good line n length bowler looking at the wickets he is taking this season.. but it would have been great if he were to atleast cross 135 to 140.. well that's the GREED we indians always have.. I wish there are 2-3 aarons coming from somewhere, if he comes to the indian team, we dont want to say, we have "a" bowler who touches 150, we want to say we have "few" bowlers who touch 150. THAT WOULD BE AWESOMEEEEEEE..... then we can all say BRING IT ON POMS,AUSSIES N PAKIS...
Is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ' date=' the guy dint MOVE the ball a millimeter in South Africa , did a cat cross his way there ??????[/quote'] If you are a seam bowler and the pitch is not conducive to seam movement, then the ball will not move - nothing to do with luck or exclamation marks.
If you are a seam bowler and the pitch is not conducive to seam movement' date=' then the ball will not move - nothing to do with luck or exclamation marks.[/quote'] Really? i believe Its the same pitch where "if not steyn" Morkel & Tostobe were bowling right??? I think Morkel is also a Seam Bowler and he was moving the ball through Indian Batsman's PANTS.... Yes there is a need of Esclamation Marks BUDDY!!!!!!

@nsareen that was the kind of wicket where he needed to hit the deck hard at pace which unadkat and other indian bowlers didnt have. Dont forget we also have umesh yadav who bowls at 137-147 range.. he has not gotten much chances yet..

Unadkat is swing bowler. It was his debut game' date=' and even more exp bowlers did *****.[/quote'] Also, that pitch became slow and low after the first day - Bhajji and Sreesanth both got smashed but they improved big time at Durban and Cape Town. In the second innings even India made their highest ever total in SA despite facing a deficit of almost 500 which is extremely difficult to cope with mentally. Would be harsh to write off Unadkat based on that game.

well yes.. i would love to see UnadKat excel.. my best wishes are with him... but i disagree with the fact that he is still 19 so he can put in extra yards.. from my experience Indian Necomer Fast bowlers are fastest at their youngest, eg: irfan, munaf,ishant etc. the list is long, thats one of the reasons. i fEAR he might go the same route and would not put those extra yards, Irfan at 19 was bowling 135+ regularly crossed 140, even on indian pitches was close to 135-140 range, which is respectable for a swing or a Seam Bowler.

@nsareen that was the kind of wicket where he needed to hit the deck hard at pace which unadkat and other indian bowlers didnt have. Dont forget we also have umesh yadav who bowls at 137-147 range.. he has not gotten much chances yet..
i agree he is there, but again he is way too much Up and Down the Radar, his effort balls have been as low as 124 and as high as 145, i havnt seen him cross 146 though, even in zimbabwe where i was hoping he would cross 145 regularly, he dint even touch it, " dampner" so with him you never know what speed to expect, maybe he has a flaw in his runup, sometimes he is running fast, sometimes slowing ambling his way, doesnt look rhythmic , hopefully he corrects the problem and be consistent with the Pace, because it's the pace by which he is " recognized to play for india" and not control :). so he should be testing the speed guns a lot!!

@nsareen those 124k deliveries are slow balls.i have seen him bowl at 147k in challenger trophy and consistently quick.in ipl he bowled over 145k.in duleep trophy he bowled up to 147k and he had natural pace not like ishant and sreeshant rhythm dependent

@nsareen those 124k deliveries are slow balls.i have seen him bowl at 147k in challenger trophy and consistently quick.in ipl he bowled over 145k.in duleep trophy he bowled up to 147k and he had natural pace not like ishant and sreeshant rhythm dependent
well i kinda disagree a bit.. see this for example [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RtzqiHPIco]YouTube - Umesh Yadav to Tirumalsetti Suman[/ame] umesh to suman on a certain pitch 140K 2) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKKx7KWAdY]YouTube - Umesh Yadav to Tirumalsetti Suman[/ame] umesh to suman on a certain pitch.. and it was not a slow ball to me. 3) [ame=
- Umesh Yadav to Rohit Sharma[/ame] umesh to rohit on a certain pitch. 4) [ame=
- Umesh Yadav to Wriddhiman Saha[/ame] umesh to saha a short ball at 145K.. thats what i mean .. lot of difference. if those are slow balls thats fine.. but i doubt it.

Even steyn doesnt bowl 145 all the time..a bowler dont need to put full effort on every ball...you may not see he doesnt bowl offcutter or leg cutter..he holds the ball inside the palm to decieve the batsman..brett lee too bowl that kind of slow ball