Quarter Finals Lineup

Guest BossBhai

Assuming it's a tight win for Aussies (maybe by 20 runs or so) or if they chase the total with 2 or so overs to spare. In that case Pak's NRR wouldn't suffer that much and they may be 3rd in Group A.
I have edited my post to include NZ's current runrate, which is way above Pak's :winky:
Looks like one of the QF will be Ind vs Padosis .. now that they lost to NZ . Although there are 3 more matches to go for us and 2 for the Padosis it is very likey that we meet them either thru B2 vs A3 or B1 vs A4 . So where do we play these fixtures ? From the CI schedule here --> http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/series/381449.html?template=wcfixtures it appears that both are out of India which doesnt seem right. Can someone find the link that explains the rules on where the QF's will take place depending on the host country. Image below explains all possible permutations and combinations based on the last few important games. So based on that the scenario in the first column where Aus = A1 SL = A2 NZ= A3 PK = A4 SA = B1 Ind=B2 Eng=B3 WI=B4 would result in the following QF Lineup Aus vs WI ( A1 vs B4) SL vs Eng ( A2 vs B3 ) Ind vs NZ ( in Ahmedabad ) (B2 vs A3) SA vs Pak ( B1 vs A4) So for us to get NZ which is the weakest team in that group the following must happens : 1. Ind will have to beat WI and 2. Aus will have to beak Pak and 3. SAF have to beat BD and 4. SL have to beat NZ. The last two are almost certain but we will have to wait till Sunday to find out the result of out match vs WI. The Aus vs Pak is comming up tomorrow. Thanks SD for the pic :nice: 10xhtfk.jpg
This clears up a lot of confusion. NZ must be having a heavy fall in NRR. will it have any adverse effect in its position?
Assuming Pak's run rate is untouched by the Aus match? Edit: The match is over and there is no way Pak can catch up with NZ's runrate: New Zealand 6 4 2 0 0 8 +1.135 Pakistan 5 4 1 0 0 8 +0.729 If it wins, it will top the table anyway.
Yes, it will be. If any it will go down with a loss. If they win NRR don't matter.
Nope. If Aus lose against Pak, then Pak SL Aus NZ If Aus win then: Aus SL NZ Pak
So possible matchups for India are... Ind Vs Aus or Ind Vs NZ (if India beats WI and is no. 2 in Group B) or, Ind Vs SL (if India loses to WI and is no. 3 in Group B) So Ind Vs Pak Q/F is out and our most probable matchup will be against NZ, Aus or SL in that order. P.S. - I am assuming SA will beat B'desh
So possible matchups for India are... Ind Vs Aus or Ind Vs NZ (if India beats WI and is no. 2 in Group B) or, Ind Vs SL (if India loses to WI and is no. 3 in Group B) So Ind Vs Pak Q/F is out and our most probable matchup will be against NZ, Aus or SL in that order. P.S. - I am assuming SA will beat B'desh
That's correct. SL might be a tricky opponent on a flat track in Ahmedabad.

How about chances of Pak-Ind QF? I guess they are minimum now cz Ind most probably to end at 2nd position and Pak to end up either as 1st or 4th... (but only if no result for Pak-Aus match due to rain then bright chances for Pak vs Ind QF cz Pak will end as 3rd)

How about chances of Pak-Ind QF? I guess they are minimum now cz Ind most probably to end at 2nd position and Pak to end up either as 1st or 4th... (but only if no result for Pak-Aus match due to rain then bright chances for Pak vs Ind QF cz Pak will end as 3rd)
Ind-Pak won't happen unless B'desh beats SA. India will meet one of NZ, Aus or SL in Quarters and Pak is most likely to meet SA, WI or Eng.

All you mugs :-), just wait till tomorrow! Why are you guys trying to predict the unpredictable ? After all the analysis you are going to come to a conclusion that India will play one among of Pakistan, NZL, Australia or SL in QF (or India may not play at all in the QF :-)). You dont need any expert analysis to arrive at this conclusion. Even the renowned cricinfo author, Sharda Ugra could have predicted this.

This ij my prediction: India will end up being No2 in Group B and will play NZ (No3 in Group A). Pakistan will face South Africa. Srilanka will face West Indies. Australia will face England..
SA vs. pak Ind vs. NZ Eng vs. SL WI vs. Aus That's how its going to be