BNP Paribas Open - Indianwells - California

Cricketics

Game 9 - Nadal serves - What happens straightaway in this game. Rafa gets a taste of his own medicine. Somdev slams a superb down the line to push Nadal to 0-15. Nadal forced to raise his bar a lot higher in this match. Somdev's deadly endurance levels forces Rafa to approach the net a lot more. But, unforced errors keep mounting as it brings the game to 30-30. Somdev's turn to buckle a bit as Nadal struggles to hold serve and go up a vital 5-4.

I am proud the way Somdev played. I am starting to have some great hope for our Indian tenni in singles. WELL DONE SOMDEV. This was his best ever tournametn from what i have seen in his career. that too with all biggies in same tournament. This should be one heck of an experience. Hopefully he will take this to another level and improve more. Great start for him this year.

Really hoping JMdP beats Rafa today and potentially goes on to win this tourno. That will be great for Tennis if he is really back. On the subject of returning from injury players- Karlovic :hail: Also super to see Gasquet playing well again, he is great to watch in full flow. Djok was just too good for him in this form, but a good run here ..hopefully would have given him some confidence.