The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

Yes' date=' they can and [b']I think it wouldn't be a upset. Everyone knows India main problem is bowling. If India will go with two seamers then West Indies are favorite for me. As everyone knows only Zaheer is most economical and wicket taker bowler but problem with him is his speed. If he is not getting assistance with pitch he can be targeted. In SA match Zaheer's over in batting powerplay was the most expensive over of the match. Sreesanth should be included in the team. Atleast he tries different things. I have not seen Zaheer or Munaf or Nehra bowling bouncers yet. They are to scared to get a wide or extras. Even yorkers are very rare. They are very predictable. If West Indies bat first and scores 340. Can India chase? I don't think so. Ben is the second highest wicket taker and Roach has speed and killing yorkers. If India can sacrifice one batsman and go with 5 bowlers(3 seamers and 2 spinners) they can easily win all matches and World Cup. Zaheer and Sreesanth new ball bowlers. Both of them are capable of taking 2 3 wickets in first 12 overs. Then Munaf and spinners job becomes much easier. In SA and England match India was short of one bowler that's why they lost!!!!!
Yes, it would be an upset. All the betting sites have India favored to win the game. Thus India losing would constitute an upset - not of Ireland beating Pak scale but upset nevertheless.
@ analyst i wont be shocked if he or other team members get into form coz after the ipl we go to Westindies then i think ten days later we go to England wont be surprised if their would be injured guys on that tour
I won't mention what I think of the IPL since I might get banned! It's a crazy schedule. I think that Khan should quit ODIs after the WC. He is such a valuable bowler for India and isn't getting any younger. I guess you could rest the big guns for the ODIs in the WI so that they're fresh (reasonably). I think that you guys will do alright. Decent seam attack with 1 world class seamer and a world class batting line up. I'd back Anderson and co to rip through if the ball swings though. Will be a great series. I'm looking forward to it. 2-1 to England :two_thumbs_up:
@ analyst Anderson is dangerous in England had seen how he destroyed Pakistan and i mean do K.P and Colly really love IPL or the money im asking this coz our neighbours beleive K.P is trying for Indian Citizenship due to IPL even i feel due to IPL we have been poor in ICC TOURNAMENTS
Obviously the money. Not just KP and Colly but all the international players. They don't really give a **** about it. Loads of money to play a bunch of exhibition matches basically. Yeah, Anderson is awesome when the ball swings. It depends on the wickets. Last summer was bloody tough for the batsmen.
It's a pretty important game in the sense that the winner of this game will most probably get to play NZ in the quarters and the loser most probably play SL or Aus. Granted that NZ are no push-overs and anything could happen but which team would you want to face in a knockout? I would go all out if it gets me a game against NZ in the quarters.
Looks like NZ is headed for 3rd place finish there if they lose to SL, assuming AUS beat the cr@p out of Pakis. So for us to meet NZ, we need to be 2nd place here. So yea, I am now interested. :yay:

I would be surprised in fact shocked, if Windies manage to beat us. Yes they have got good individual players, but we have got 7 of them. They can beat any side fair enough, but beating us on that Chepauk wicket (hoping its a rank turner) will be some achievement. I am rooting for a big margin win for India.

you know guys, this is gonna suprise u as i am always bullish on india's chances but NOT THIS TIME. west indies is like a BOGEY team for india. look at their batting lineup - gayle, chanderpaul, sarwan - all have GREAT records against India. then there is pollard, who everyone knows already from his IPL antics and of course bravo. i am suprised they didnt pick samuels, that guy would have made ducks in every single match but probably would have scored a hundred against india. luckily for india, dwayne bravo isnt there either. i am trying to figure out how india is gonna get gayle out. or chanderpaul. or sarwan. these guys are all terrific batsmen and they get stuck in against india. chanderpaul is like a wall and almost impossible to dismiss at times, he plays the spin really comfortably. their bowling attack is not known to india, which is a good thing for them. roach averages under 20 in ODIs. andre russell looks a good bowler too. benn is taking wickets and any slow left armer can get indian batsmen out just by forcing them to play shots. their only problem is that, like india, they need part timer to be the 5th bowler and they will always have a weak link in their bowling attack, like darren sami. if i had to pick a team india were most likely to lose to, i would have picked west indies. i am not hopeful but i think india will get past them. any result will do. it will be a very close game if india were to bat 1st. not so much if we field and keep them to under 300.

Honestly, I think this game will be a close encounter. Windies havent been special of late but they have a pretty decent line up and one of the best quick bowlers on show in the World Cup. In the batting department u have Gayle, Devon Smith, Darren Bravo,Sarwan and Chanderpaul who are all good batsmen and against our bowling attack I wouldnt be surprised if they got 300 plus. Our batting will again have to come good and score a target of 320 plus to be safe.

Munaf actually has picked up 9 wickets at an average of 23.11 and strike rate of 23.2 so I think continuous criticism is unfair on him. I think Nehra should be dropped for Ashwin
Both Munni and pehra should be dropped they are uselss as bowlers,hopeless as fielders,senseless as batsman to top it off have shocking attitudes.

What? india loosing to WI is an upset? lol.. I wouldnt risk a singles cent on the indians. They've been pushed to the very end in alomost every game this tournament and yet some still belive india got their hands wrapped over the cup already.. it is going to be another good game and WI will beat the indians. It is most likely that india will be playing pak in Quaters and to be honest i dont see 'em ( ind) making it through.

What? india loosing to WI is an upset? lol.. I wouldnt risk a singles cent on the indians. They've been pushed to the very end in alomost every game this tournament and yet some still belive india got their hands wrapped over the cup already.. it is going to be another good game and WI will beat the indians. It is most likely that india will be playing pak in Quaters and to be honest i dont see 'em ( ind) making it through.
Can you give me some of what you are smoking? West indies beating India will be a huge upset and it won't happen, not unless the West indies team from the 70's come to play.

If they're going to be using similar pitches as in the domestic matches, then the pitch with its high reddish clay content is going to break up with the dry conditions. No wonder they're trying to shade the pitch. Should be a spinner friendly wicket me thinks.