The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

But do we have to go with two of those?
Here's an idea from the left field... drop all pacers, play Ashwin, include Raina and prepare turners like Chennai or B'lore warm-up pitches. So our team would be... Sehwag Tendulkar Gambhir Kohli Yuvraj Dhoni Raina Pathan Harbhajan Aswin Zaheer No point in sticking with crap and drop the pretence that bowlers can win us matches. Let's go with batting as our strength and bank on spin. Let's use the same strategy used by Chennai in winning the IPL with Bollinger as the lone pacer backed by spinners. At least this way we wouldn't die wondering and give ourselves best chance to win. Enough of Nehra or Munaf when both of them are crap. Let's go with Raina and spin instead.
i keep on hearing yusuf out raina in, yusuf has been poor etc... here is how i see things Bangladesh he was up the order and had to swing from ball one.England came near the end and near his normal place had to do nothing but swing from ball one. Ireland batted exact at the right time and played a very good knock. Netherlands up the order had to swing from ball oneSouth Africa up the order had to swing from ball one. Against Ireland he batted where we expected him to do and performed so cant say he is underperforming when we are not using him correct. Also in terms of his bowling, we dont ever attack with him and the field is always spread so no wonder he would go 5+ easy singles and odd boundary from the bad balls. Remember his best innings have been when he has had time at crease, we have had a collapse and he has had time to settle. On his day if out batting collapses in world cup and he settles in, he can win a match for us, are we willing to drop him due to us due to the team not using him correct
Perhaps Indian managment think Raina is better at coming in these situations? I don't think Pathan for raina is that big of deal expecially if sehwag can bowl. On the other hand Kohli our for raina will defianitaly change the dynamic of the team. It will be more prone to collaspeses but have more of an ability to put up big totals batting 1st. I think it will also become a weaker team chasing totals without kohli.
will be close. if india bats 1st 285/6 WI will win by 2 wickets. if WI bats 1st 275 AO IND will win by 6 wickets. whoever chases will win. dont expect 300+ scores because chennai hasnt produced matches like that during this tournament. spinners will own all
I thought chasing is tougher in Chennai :hmmmm2:
the two batting lineups are way too strong for each others bowling attacks
I haven't seen windies lineup do anything of note so far... they scored 218 against SA, 223 against Eng and was one bad decision away from losing to Ireland. If you take out Gayle and Pollard WI won't trouble most of associates.
I haven't seen windies lineup do anything of note so far... they scored 218 against SA' date=' 223 against Eng and was one bad decision away from losing to Ireland. If you take out Gayle and Pollard WI won't trouble most of associates.[/quote'] i think their batsmen will enjoy facing some of the indian bowlers. i dont even want to think about gayle hitting zaheer out of the attack and dhoni trying to get him out with yusuf pathan or raina's off spin in the 9th over.
i think their batsmen will enjoy facing some of the indian bowlers. i dont even want to think about gayle hitting zaheer out of the attack and dhoni trying to get him out with yusuf pathan or raina's off spin in the 9th over.
But after Gayle and before Pollard there's nothing much to be afraid of. Plus their tail is worse than ours :--D
sarwan is a quality batsman. averages 40+ bravo is good their tailenders can bat too. sami scored runs in the last game and so did russell.
Other than Gayle and Pollard their batsmen are not difference makers. They may score but not at the rate to scare us. If we get Gayle early and not let Pollard run away with the game, I don't really see Windies beating us. Darren Bravo may be ok but I would back all of our top 7 batsmen to outshine him.

In just matches Munaf has more wickets than Brett Lee Broad, Morkel, Malinga, Akhtar. He's got the same amount of wickets as Mitchell Johnson/Bresnan even though those guys have played more matches. And he's done that at an average and strike rate of just 23. People really need to shut up about looking at his bowling negatively. In the past he certainly lacked commitment but in this world cup he's been a very very good bowler. The biggest problem India have is that our two frontline spinners in Chawla/Bhajji scare no one and have pretty much sucked so far apart from Bhajji picking up 3 fer again South Africa.

I don't think WI winning will be a shocking upset. They have won most of their matches convincingly and have good bowlers up their ranks. They are also not over-hyped. That also helps..
True..I can't believe people here think that a team which has players like Gayle, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Bravo, Pollard, and Roach winning will be an upset...these are world class players and all capable of match winning performances.