The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

True..I can't believe people here think that a team which has players like Gayle' date=' Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Bravo, Pollard, and Roach winning will be an upset...these are world class players and all capable of match winning performances.[/quote'] They lost to South Africa and England, It would be a shame if we lose to Windies. They won only against minnows just like us. I will consider it an upset if we lose, don't know about others.
They lost to South Africa and England' date=' It would be a shame if we lose to Windies. They won only against minnows just like us. I will consider it an upset if we lose, don't know about others.[/quote'] Well India also lost to South Africa and did not win against England so pretty much even stevens there.. India is definitely a much better team and your batting is way too strong for Windies bowlers, but I still don't think that it will be an "upset" if they win because they do have quite a few world class players and they are not minnows. By the way, can a WI win potentially knock India out of the WC?
Well India also lost to South Africa and did not win against England so pretty much even stevens there.. India is definitely a much better team and your batting is way too strong for Windies bowlers, but I still don't think that it will be an "upset" if they win because they do have quite a few world class players and they are not minnows. By the way, can a WI win potentially knock India out of the WC?
Nope we are tied with England in points(7) and have a superior NRR than England.
Well India also lost to South Africa and did not win against England so pretty much even stevens there.. India is definitely a much better team and your batting is way too strong for Windies bowlers, but I still don't think that it will be an "upset" if they win because they do have quite a few world class players and they are not minnows. By the way, can a WI win potentially knock India out of the WC?
Nope, we scored 338 against Eng and tied with them. Against SA we put up a score of 296 after being 267/1 and lost in the lost over. Compared to that WI scored 218 against SA losing by 8 wkts and against Eng scored 223. This shows a huge difference in performance against better teams by Ind and WI.
however good or bad Nehra is' date=' he's better than Sreesanth. Both go for runs but usually Sree goes for more runs than Nehra and Nehra has picked up more wickets than Sree and on top of all that is Sreesanth's attitude and temperament, so I'd have Nehra over him.[/quote'] attitude and temperament ,man if you said stats then i could even think but when you say attitude and temperament ,nehra and munaf attitude is pathetic,unless you like lazy,careless players in the team who care a **** about losing.
In just matches Munaf has more wickets than Brett Lee Broad, Morkel, Malinga, Akhtar. He's got the same amount of wickets as Mitchell Johnson/Bresnan even though those guys have played more matches. And he's done that at an average and strike rate of just 23. People really need to shut up about looking at his bowling negatively. In the past he certainly lacked commitment but in this world cup he's been a very very good bowler. The biggest problem India have is that our two frontline spinners in Chawla/Bhajji scare no one and have pretty much sucked so far apart from Bhajji picking up 3 fer again South Africa.
munaf has wickets against bangladesh and ireland not top teams he has been hammered against top sides.
Ok, replace Nehra with Sreesanth in your post. Now tell me what has he done to deserve a place in the squad, let alone the team. He has gone for more runs than Nehra while at the same time picking up less wickets and then throwing up tantrums and irritating his captain. I don't have any problem with dropping Nehra BUT only if there is a good alternative. If that alternative is S. Sreesanth then I'd have Nehra over him any day, any place, any game. Sreesanth is not such a good bowler that he can continue to have that kind of an attitude. Insports you should have an attitude only and only if you have the performance to back it up - Sreesanth does'nt have the performance, in fact far from it, he's the most expensive bowler in the history of the game, so I'd have Nehra over him. You bring a better alternative than Sree and I have no problems in dropping Nehra.
guy who has just won a test in sa and is close second best test bowler ,and you compare him to pehra
guy who has just won a test in sa and is close second best test bowler ' date=and you compare him to pehra
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Sreesanth a close 2nd best bowler in the world - Joke of the century :hysterical:

Sachin Tendulkar can get it right even with his eyes wide shut.

Sachin Tendulkar does 'blind' training CHENNAI: Sachin Tendulkar can get it right even with his eyes wide shut. The Chennai heat was unbearable, most of the players had wrapped up the practice proceedings, but not Tendulkar. He put a couple of fielders within the net, asked bowling coach Eric Simons to give him throwdowns, and kept finding the gaps with his "eyes closed." "He asked us to stand at short cover and short point and closed his eyes right at the moment of impact. We were supposed to say 'right' if the shot pierced the gap and 'wrong' if it didn't," one of the fielders who represented Tamil Nadu in the U-16 level and was fielding within the nets, told the TOI after the practice session. The player sounded really amazed when he said that Tendulkar kept getting it right, more often than not. "I don't know how he was doing it...But we couldn't believe our eyes as the ball went between us over and over again," the player added. The pitch on which Tendulkar was batting was pretty similar to the Chepauk track, on which the match would be played on Sunday. "The ball was stopping and coming...The pace at which he asked the bowling coach to throw the balls, it appeared that he was getting ready to play Kemar Roach. And he is certain that there will be two fielders in short cover and short point to snap him up. That's why he was trying to play the shots along the ground and looked to find the gap with his eyes closed," the young player added. When Tendulkar had started practising, some of the drives that he tried went into the air, which annoyed the Little Master. He had a talk with Simons and then asked the fielders to stand in those close in positions. "It's an education watching him from so close. How on earth can a player get the shot right even with his eyes closed? Probably, it was a practice to ensure that he doesn't play a shot in the air on reflex on such tracks where the ball was stopping," the player added. The 100th international century can very well come here, but the Little Master just doesn't want to talk about that milestone. The instruction was given strictly to all the practice bowlers that no one should ask him about the record for which the whole country is waiting.
Source

Well, it is not as difficult as it seems. All the top players in various sports are capable of that. In fact there was some research by Australian sports science institute that can explain why/how it's done. Will try to get that link. For now, here is a link that shows similar ( if not better) level of skills of 'playing blind-folded'. (first 20 seconds) [ame=

- Earl Strickland - Trick Shots[/ame]

Munaf's attitude sucks. Nobody's really talked about it but in that England game, in the death overs (maybe his last over), Munaf had a run out chance off his own bowling. He did not even TRY to go for it! I think Munaf has got away lightly so far because the attention has been on Nehra. If Munaf had bowled that last over, he'd have gone for just as many and we'd be baying for his blood. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I always keep my fingers crossed when this guy bowls. It is like a six waiting to be hit because he has nothing to really surprise the batsman with.

one of the fielders who represented Tamil Nadu in the U-16 level and was fielding within the nets, told the TOI after the practice session. The player sounded really amazed when he said that Tendulkar kept getting it right, more often than not. "I don't know how he was doing it...But we couldn't believe our eyes as the ball went between us over and over again," the player added. The pitch on which Tendulkar was batting was pretty similar to the Chepauk track, on which the match would be played on Sunday. "The ball was stopping and coming...The pace at which he asked the bowling coach to throw the balls, it appeared that he was getting ready to play Kemar Roach. And he is certain that there will be two fielders in short cover and short point to snap him up. That's why he was trying to play the shots along the ground and looked to find the gap with his eyes closed," the young player added.
And the idiot had to spill it all out the the media? :facepalm: