Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

Ganjing is an experience to be savored and one must go there if you have an opportunity. HazratGanj has completed 200 years in December 2010 so it was renovated and now its become even better with Victorian era lamps, fountains at various places, uniform color scheme.........................and a bit of traffic sense :yess: The place where you can have Hookah will most probably be Mint Lounge in Hotel Aarif Castle or Capachino Blast Restaurant (which is about 4-5 kms from Ganj).
Ganjing is a nice word. lol
Falaknuma is quite good but if you go to Falaknuma then don't eat the regular food, go for authentic Mughlai cuisine.
You mean authentic Awadhi cuisine or mughlai? We were told the local cuisine is called Awadhi. Mutton in a white sauce, nawabi tikkas etc. yummy. :icflove:
That circle you're talking about would be the one in GomtiNagar. Now there are lots and lots of similar circles with HUGE Mayawati & Co standing there :headshake: :headshake: Although the roads in that area are quite superb.
I don't remember what locality. But I think it was one of the newer sections of Lucknow city. I visited in 2009.
:hmmm: yeh kaunse college mein hota hai ?? If you want to go to any malls then there's Sahara Ganj, Wave, Fun Republic, Riverside and Pheonix United. Among all these Pheonix United is the newest and the best.
I don't know which college it was. :(( I saw the Sahara Mall. For someone who is coming to visit Lucknow for the first time, it can be skipped. Nothing spectacular.

Was that ' mind it' the " Aiyo rascala' date=' mind it' or the regular variety? You can never be sure when a Tamilian says it.[/quote'] "evo kitta yentha maatna" variety! One crazy poster posted this - " What is this fixation people have with European cities as some sort of clean romantic places?" .hence my relevant response to that comment. if you want, give that poster hundred whiplashes ! i won't mind it. so people who are not "much into history" are missing chapters in history. :haha:

One crazy poster posted this - " What is this fixation people have with European cities as some sort of clean romantic places?" .hence my relevant response to that comment.
Do you have some sort of selective amnesia? That was in response to a very off topic post. And pray, who got Paris into a discussion about Indian cities? Was it a certain (self proclaimed) genuinely knowledgeable poster? :P So are you derailing this thread with off topic posts, or you think Paris is in India? The latter is a possibility, as you mention that you've studied in the US. Take your pick. :icflove:

Do you have some sort of selective amnesia?
This poster certainly does. "You seem to be confused between Venice and Mumbai. Stink, boats, rats, Italians and other tragedies in that city." And pray, who got Venice into a discussion about Indian cities? :hysterical:
That was in response to a very off topic post.
False. the discussion was about cleanliness and my reference to paris was a minor part of this discussion.A crazy poster from mumbai made the off topic comment about european cities and it went off topic. Any impartial judge would say the culprit is the mumbaikar.
Was it a certain (self proclaimed) genuinely knowledgeable poster? :P
Nope. a self proclaimed selector of "valid sources" did. The bolded part is false as well :--D i wish the aussie team would have the pleasure of meeting you by tomorrow. then by the time of the match we would be seeing 11 angry men!

Guest Shivani
The Outsider and S=G will give you better suggestions, as they are locals, but here's what I suggest: 1) For hanging out, choose this one street in Hazratganj or something. Its the most hep place in Lucknow, not that it means much. There's a place you can have Hookah there, which is a good experience in the evening. And the Lucknow hookah is the long chillum types and not the stuff we get in metros. Lots of road side kebab joints here. . . . 11) A college, I forget the name, has mushairas once every week on evenings. Persian and Urdu. Generally uncle type people go there. I gave it a skip.
You've covered pretty much most of whats there to see in Lko. . . . If you want to go to any malls then there's Sahara Ganj, Wave, Fun Republic, Riverside and Pheonix United. Among all these Pheonix United is the newest and the best.
you guyz are awesome :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: but am not sure if i ll be visiting lko or not.. in case koi scene banta hai toh :yay: