Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

ludhi :acute: Good post Mariyam. Fav Cities Mumbai Mlore Blore Goa
Hey, last I heard you were looking to move out of Mumbai because it's too crowded :giggle:
Mariyam :two_thumbs_up: Those who find nothing against Mumbai point out slums. Like when Sachin bashers run out of arguments they say "He plays only for records".
What a ridiculous thing to bring Sachin into the conversation here :hysterical:

People if you have lived in your city for a substantial amount of time, then it is obvious you're going to be attached to the city for all the memories during childhood, friendship, famility, etc and THAT city/place is going to be your favorite. The place is just a place, what turns it into a home are your beloved ones and the cherished memories. No one is trying to snatch that away from you. A bit of constructive criticism doesn't need to be frowned upon and especially if it's for the betterment of the city and quality of life that YOU live in. Peace

People if you have lived in your city for a substantial amount of time, then it is obvious you're going to be attached to the city for all the memories during childhood, friendship, famility, etc and THAT city/place is going to be your favorite. The place is just a place, what turns it into a home are your beloved ones and the cherished memories. A bit of constructive criticism doesn't need to be frowned upon and especially if it's for the betterment of the city and quality of life that YOU live in. Peace
You are right. Sorry if my post came across as excessively rude/harsh. :(( Wasn't my intention. :icflove:

People if you have lived in your city for a substantial amount of time, then it is obvious you're going to be attached to the city for all the memories during childhood, friendship, famility, etc and THAT city/place is going to be your favorite. The place is just a place, what turns it into a home are your beloved ones and the cherished memories. No one is trying to snatch that away from you. A bit of constructive criticism doesn't need to be frowned upon and especially if it's for the betterment of the city and quality of life that YOU live in. Peace
This how you put across a point on a message board. Gentle, gracious n serene :icflove: g92 n rest of you peeps, learn a few things from THE paaji :hail:

Chandigarh is pretty clean.
I don't remember much about my 1 day stay in chandigarh except a few hilarious stuff at the railways station. but i can't see how an indian city can maintain a clean standard ..because the socio economic factors and the cutlure of the people does n't support it. 1. Basic access to garbage dumps is not there. 2. people are illdisciplined as well in traffic, garbage,public toilets and this includes the middle class and rich. 3. no access to public toilets unless you see mcdoinald's or kfc! 4. waste disposal and management of the cities are pretty basic. 5. first rate people planning the city. 6. rains and its argh! drainage system horrible. and nice selective work on the beach pic...showing the beach on the adjacent slums(which only the fishermen and rowdies visit) than the renovated marina beach!

See, I can immediately tell your ‘city’ doesn’t have a beach.. Else, you wouldn’t be saying these things. It is beyond doubt, THE BEST place to hang out, whether by yourself, or with buddies or with someone ‘special’. :winky: Nothing else comes close.
never have truer words been spoken. we both have great tastes! screw the nonbeach cities!

It depends on person to person. People who are keen on art find the Louvre to be THE place to visit in Paris - its probably the best collection of paintings in the entire World, for others not interested in art however the Louvre can be quite a boring experience. IIRC Euro Disney is the biggest tourist attraction in the whole of Europe and usually people don't find it boring. And the Palace of Versailles in in Paris itself.
probably she spent her time on the kid rides. special effects train and the free fall at the studios are experiences i didn't find elsewhere. the park was top notch. there is also parc asterix. certainly the best theme park there is followed by daylight! river seine cruise- wow! champs du elysees - addictive, top cafes,restaurents and shops .( for the first time in my life, i saw a woman rushing into a men's room saying its urgent!) les invalides- great for history buffs,...but books are in french! opera- fantastic louvre- time consuming- strained my legs parc guell in barcelona. but "monalisa" certainly does have a special effect! da vinci is a class apart! zaz - she is poised to become the next french female legend! metro-getting outdated not as modern as i saw in madrid. Got lost in a tier 2 spanish town with only a military officer for company late night. both of us had our cell battery out and we could not speak much to each other as he spoke only little english, were we having a bad day or what! '

Hey, last I heard you were looking to move out of Mumbai because it's too crowded :giggle:
Not crowded, but its the fast paced lifestyle that can sometimes get to you. Its very competitive out here whichever business or sector you work under, it literally seems people are racing against time to succeed. Its been a year and a half working for me, I sometimes feel it was hardly a month since I graduated. Time Flies. Thats the reason I told you, I would love to have a place in somewhere like Himachal :P for once to see time stand still. And tuney 'Slum dog millionaire' kitni baar dekhi hai? jo slums slums kar raha hai. Just one example, there is this guy I know who deals with copper, he has a 'bhakda' a small kinda shop whose electricity usage is merely a lightbulb and its area 150 sq. feet in Lohar Chawl (Electrical Market), if he were to give that on rent he would earn min 2lakhs per month and place costs nearly 80 - 90 lakhs. He lives in a chawl in Parel. In your terms a "slum dweller". I wont even go into his turnover details :giggle: Ludhiji, if one needs to earn the real dough, a lavish lifestyle, needs to make it real big and is ready to work his ar$e off Mumbai is the place to be. Although having said that I would still love to move to that place in Himachal I told you. :D

Not crowded, but its the fast paced lifestyle that can sometimes get to you. Its very competitive out here whichever business or sector you work under, it literally seems people are racing against time to succeed. Its been a year and a half working for me, I sometimes feel it was hardly a month since I graduated. Time Flies. Thats the reason I told you, I would love to have a place in somewhere like Himachal :P for once to see time stand still. And tuney 'Slum dog millionaire' kitni baar dekhi hai? jo slums slums kar raha hai. Just one example, there is this guy I know who deals with copper, he has a 'bhakda' a small kinda shop whose electricity usage is merely a lightbulb and its area 150 sq. feet in Lohar Chawl (Electrical Market), if he were to give that on rent he would earn min 2lakhs per month and place costs nearly 80 - 90 lakhs. He lives in a chawl in Parel. In your terms a "slum dweller". I wont even go into his turnover details :giggle: Ludhiji, if one needs to earn the real dough, a lavish lifestyle, needs to make it real big and is ready to work his ar off Mumbai is the place to be. Although having said that I would still love to move to that place in Himachal I told you. :D
True, one cannot afford to live a slow paced, chilled out life here in Mumbai. That's what most financial capitals are like. It's the same in NYC, etc. Also, there this guy I know who has a small "cupboard under the stairs" (less than 100 sqft) in lamington road, and sells computer hardware from there. His turnover is in crores.

I don't remember much about my 1 day stay in chandigarh except a few hilarious stuff at the railways station. but i can't see how an indian city can maintain a clean standard ..because the socio economic factors and the cutlure of the people does n't support it. 1. Basic access to garbage dumps is not there. 2. people are illdisciplined as well in traffic, garbage,public toilets and this includes the middle class and rich. 3. no access to public toilets unless you see mcdoinald's or kfc! 4. waste disposal and management of the cities are pretty basic. 5. first rate people planning the city. 6. rains and its argh! drainage system horrible. and nice selective work on the beach pic...showing the beach on the adjacent slums(which only the fishermen and rowdies visit) than the renovated marina beach!
There are a good number of garbage disposals in the city in every sector, which people use. And yes, even decent number of reasonably well maintained public toilets. Of course it was planned by Le Corbusier and has an underground drainage system. But yeah, it's not in France.

Ever been to Ganapatipule? Varkala? Malpe? Tarkarli? Rishikonda? Yup. Didn't think so. Because that's what someone who's hardly been to the beach would say :aetsch:
I've been to beaches in Mumbai, Chennai, Puri, Trivandrum, Goa, Somnath etc and the only one I found to be remotely close to clean was the one in Trivandrum.

I've been to beaches in Mumbai' date=' Chennai, Puri, Trivandrum, Goa, Somnath etc and the only one I found to be remotely close to clean was the one in Trivandrum.[/quote'] I bet you have not seen even 5% beaches in India. We have a huge coast line and many of those beaches are clean. You don't even know what it is like to stand on a beach and see no other human for miles. I bet you have not even seen all the beaches in Mumbai alone.