India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

I wish to have a slight change in the batting order, just to put Aussie plans off the track.. I want Gauti to open with Sachin and Viru coming at No.3. I think this will allow UV to play a useful knock and a long one. He has been opening the innings for ages together now. If we get a decent opening, he'll come at a time when Aussie will try to bowl Krejza and Watson.. What do you guys think? The key is to do something unpredictable. Pakistan did it successfully against them by opening the baowling by Gul and using Razzaq in the middle overs.. I also want Dhoni to come down the order as we are having too many collapses down the order..

It was sluggish in the earlier matches' date=' not much turn but slow. Not a 320+ patta. In all likelihood, 270-290 would be a par score.[/quote'] Good! I hope it is a slow pitch where fast bowlers come on to bat much better than spinners and taking pace off the ball is the way to go :smiley: Can't see us losing to Aussies on such a surface if there's no reverse swing on offer for Aussie pacers to exploit. Now al Dhoni has to do is win the toss and let the Indian batsmen put up a par score of around 300 :--D

I think NZ vs Zim game was played there w/ Southee getting the ball to reverse .... One of the famous games that was played at A'bad was when Pak chased 315 successfully, iirc .... I guess, it is difficult to get ppl out, if they play themselves in which is why you would need bowlers to bowl that peach of the ball A'bad also hosted a test which had a somewhat green pitch. SA bowled Ind out for less than 100 and went on to win the game.

I think NZ vs Zim game was played there w/ Southee getting the ball to reverse .... One of the famous games that was played at A'bad was when Pak chased 315 successfully, iirc .... I guess, it is difficult to get ppl out, if they play themselves in which is why you would need bowlers to bowl that peach of the ball A'bad also hosted a test which had a somewhat green pitch. SA bowled Ind out for less than 100 and went on to win the game.
You are making me nervous :nervous: Reverse swing on offer to Lee, Johnson and Tait wouldn't be good for us, especially with our new found propensity to fall in a heap at the end. Not to concerned about the Test result as there is unlikely to be grass on the pitch and the match wouldn't start early in the morning allowing the pitch to be dry. Pak chasing 315 is a worrying sign as well as that pitch would negate our spin threat allowin Aussies to easily play their shots. For this matchup against Aussies I would prefer a Mirpur or B'lore practice kind of a pitch where spinners do most of the damage and scoring is tough against slower bowlers.
^ As long was we're not playing Pak or SL.. opening with Ashwin is the perfect Tactic !. Dhoni got the strategy perfect saving Zaheer for the middle overs where he can reverse it..
Recently Pak players (except a couple like Umar) have been pretty bad against spin too

Can indians handle the australian pace attack in ahmedabad? yeah. i do think indians can handle the australian pace attack in ahmedabad because ahmedabad is a spinning track. indians wuda struggled against malinga in mohali because it assists the pace bowlers. australians struggled against spin in the practise matches. tait or johnson wont struggle indian batsmen. obviously they are gonna bowl short to indian batsmen. i wont bother if sehwag doesnt recovers from injuries because he will struggle against brett lee's bouncers. australia's batting looks fragile. definitely india has a great chance against australians.:two_thumbs_up:

I'd much rather have Raina for Yusuf. For all his destructive capabilities, Yusuf has made a grand total of 74 runs in 6 innings. People were asking for Chawla's head because he performed very badly in 3 matches, why not drop Yusuf when he has'nt performed at all in 6 matches?? So, the changes I would have in the team would be Sehwag coming back from injury and Yusuf going out.

yeah. i do think indians can handle the australian pace attack in ahmedabad because ahmedabad is a spinning track. indians wuda struggled against malinga in mohali because it assists the pace bowlers. australians struggled against spin in the practise matches. tait or johnson wont struggle indian batsmen. obviously they are gonna bowl short to indian batsmen. i wont bother if sehwag doesnt recovers from injuries because he will struggle against brett lee's bouncers. australia's batting looks fragile. definitely india has a great chance against australians.:two_thumbs_up:
I compliment you on your optimism coz the way we have played pacers in the tourney (Bresnan, Steyn, Rampaul picking 5 wkts and Johnston taking 2/15) has shaken my confidence a bit. We should prevail IF we don't have another batting collapse at the end. We were lucky to get away against WI as they are a pretty poor side but against Aus if we have a collapse result would be similar to what happened against Eng or SA.

Now that we know whom we play in the QF, do you guys know if there is enough time for the curator to tailor the pitch to suit our strength/liking? (if he is willing to, of course. Some egoistic curators see this moment as their chance for 2 sec fame and **** us up. But that is another story)