Maninder Singh arrested on cocaine charges

gai... it makes no sense in comparing alcohol with drugs. Do u take them in same quantity to get the similar effect? The reason for making it illegal is the consequences of the overdose
it makes perfect sense to compare the two. in fact, alcohol is one of the STRONGEST drugs/mind-altering substances known to man. do you know what a hangover really is? it's withdrawal--hence the term "hair of the dog", "utaari" etc. and alcohol kills more ppl on the road and destroys more families than u can even compare to, say, weed. i do nothing (smoke cigarettes, :-P) but i have been there, done that--far more than most folks here. trust me, alcohol is a HUGELY misunderstood drug/social problem. CC, i think u need to stay away from the lines. contrary to what u may think, coke is one of the most addictive drugs. the "rush" is unbelievable as it screws up the pathway consisting of dopaminergic neurons originating in the ventral tegmental area that terminate in the nucleus accumbens. This projection may function as a "reward center" (in that it seems to show activation is response to drugs of abuse like cocaine in addition to natural rewards like food or sex). there are studies that have used mice and once they started coke, they ended up doing it until they died of a heart attack. Regardless of how cocaine is used or how frequently (i.e injected, snorted/freebased/whatever), a user can experience acute cardiovascular or cerebrovascular emergencies, such as a heart attack or stroke, which could result in sudden death. Cocaine-related deaths are often a result of cardiac arrest or seizure followed by respiratory arrest. at the risk of sounding like a school teacher, physical effects of cocaine use include constricted blood vessels, dilated pupils, and increased temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure. The duration of cocaine's immediate euphoric effects, which include hyperstimulation, reduced fatigue, and mental alertness, depends on the route of administration. The faster the absorption, the more intense the high. On the other hand, the faster the absorption, the shorter the duration of action. The high from snorting may last 15 to 30 minutes, while that from smoking may last 5 to 10 minutes. Increased use can reduce the period of time a user feels high and increases the risk of addiction. also, i have seen younger folk do coke at parties where there is abundant alcohol. this is a disastrous mix. When people mix cocaine and alcohol consumption, they are compounding the danger each drug poses and unknowingly forming a complex chemical experiment within their bodies. NIDA-funded researchers have found that the human liver combines cocaine and alcohol and manufactures a third substance, cocaethylene, that intensifies cocaine's euphoric effects, while potentially increasing the risk of sudden death. pls dont do this, my friend, if you value yr brain and yr life. PEACE.

GKD's comparing of KFC fat food with Coke :whatchutalkingabout Anyways I don't either need alcohol or drugs to enjoy life. I can't quite understand someone that goes around looking for drugs to feel great. Not my cup of tea. I've had few mates do it and seen them go trash for an extended period of time. I see no advantage in smoking, coking or drugging of any kind.

GKD's comparing of KFC fat food with Coke :whatchutalkingabout Anyways I don't either need alcohol or drugs to enjoy life. I can't quite understand someone that goes around looking for drugs to feel great. Not my cup of tea. I've had few mates do it and seen them go thrash for an extended period of time. I see no advantage in smoking, coking or drugging of any kind.
^^ hear, hear. nothing compared to the high after a really tough game of cricket or a lovely jog/bike ride along the potomac. been struggling with quitting smoking--i did quit and started again, much to the chagrin of dhondy. but on a bigger note, i really dont understand all the fuss about legalizing other drugs while alcohol is legal. maybe we need to move this to the general discussions. take care, R

I think Alcohol is more damaging than say drugs simply because even the school kids have access to it. We hear more of alcohol abuse than drug abuse. Unfortunately I can't see this changing consider the alcohol industry is very powerful. They are into everything and fills the govt coffers. The pub and hotel industry is so huge it is quite unimaginable how they will survive. I'm pretty amazed to read in books there are many places in India and Pakistan that are completely dry.

It was a pretty common affair when I was last in India. One of my best friends snorting it in the car, and I was disgusted; upon that he took me to a place where he bought some more ( he was black, so I guess these Nigerians are there since long time ) I knew this other guy who got so much into coke and booze that his right feet literally blew up, his day started at 7pm with booze, coke and late night mujra, it's been a while I inquired about him but I am sure he must be dead by now 2 family friends, woke up everyday with a glass in their hand; both died in their 40's I had a bad period as well, I drank every night ( 5-6 pegs of Whiskey ) for atleast 2 years. I puke now if I even smell whiskey Quit smoking cold turkey too, cheated a bit but am out since one year Whats the fun in getting high, even for 30 mins or 2 hours

Are you kidding me?? i hope you are and if not then please read this before trying it again! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Bias
Umm dude...i am not dumb enough to OD on it, trust me. I wanted to try it, have and as i said- its a bad habit but i am not worried because it is an unaffordable habit for me anyways. I don't want to get into personal details but lets just say that my share of responsibility just mushroomed by 100 times in the last 3 months. Guy(me) needs to blow steam sometimes. I was out camping over the long weekend, lots of friends, lots of crazy stuff ( LOT crazier than just a line of coke, trust me) and i decieded to try it once before i went back to knocking it. And before you all get rather cutesy-wootsy worried, i have sensetivity to seizures, so there is another reason not to make it a habit. But i had to try it atleast once, especially because as i said, unlike Meth/heroin, one/two small doses arnt irreversable damage or any significant damage. PS: Rahul- thanks for your advice, but you do worry too much about me. Bas kya bandhu- ek bar to try marnaa he tha..woh to pata hi hoga aapko..meri personality kah jo sawal hai :teeth_smile:. Aap bhiru heart-fail ki baat kar rahein hain...aur main to yahaan kharaa hoon. Chinta nahin karne ka,tension nahi lene ka mere khaatir. Bhaabijee ko pranaam.
Umm dude...i am not dumb enough to OD on it, trust me. I wanted to try it, have and as i said- its a bad habit but i am not worried because it is not unaffordable habit for me anyways.
Come on CC, just because it is not affordable you don't have an inclination towards it? You may not have much today but you may have enough to buy 3 dozes a day. Whether you can afford or not you can't make life miserable. :dontknow: