What's wrong with Tendulkar?

King

Strike rate = irrelevant in 99.99% of the time in test cricket. As it stands now, i don't care Tendulkar's average-padding vs Bangladesh..if he averages less than 50 vs England in the upcomming series,he should be dropped. Period.

CC..without remaining NOt OUT..in any of the innings... it really is a pain to watch tendulkar in tests these days... Must say...sine last 4 years...The Rahul Dravid is the best batsman in the indian team..in both forms..and he is the MVP... these gangulys..Yuvrajs..Sehwags..are just donkeys...infront of the Stallion...The Dravid... Sachin must understand that he is fast losing the respect and command over his fans in india....many ex cricketers questioned the slow scoring rate of sachin and Ganguly in last test match...keeping in mind the rain interruptions...and pitch conditions... in the form of Ganguly...we will be taking a walking wicket...he is not the same player any more...we must give VVS a chance in the middle order...and Sehwag needs to be played in England..if we want to have some big totals...Dravid..and VVS alone can not score all the runs for team india..... OR Hopefully Dave whatmore...will do some magic and these old tattus will turn into horses.... Lest see....if Ganguly playes..and Sreesanth and Munaf are not fit...then i am not going to watch those matches..or will not have any expectations from the team..and will be satisfied with few double centuries from Dravid and VVS..

I have no problem how he plays and am quite happy the number of runs he is churning but to push the team's interest to back burner for runs against his name is someting I can't appreciate. Be it Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid, they have to play for the team otherwise they are worth nothing in my books. I did mention he will like to be not out at the end of the day and will not go ballistic even after he got to his 100. He did that. Dhoni did all the scoring while Tendulkar tried once or twice at the most to accelarate. You can say I'm nit picking but that is my opinion of his inning. These days he likes to be not out, surely he has numbers on his mind.

If i were to take a guess, i'd think that the fact that Rahul and Ponting are significantly ahead of him in averages plays on his mind...i think he will play like this to get his average back to the 57-58 zone and then he will try to play his relaxed natural game.

Disappointed by Sachin's 100. More disgusting is the fact that batsmen like Yuvraj and Laxman have been rested, this shows we have enough bench strength for batting when it comes to Test Cricket. Once again, I have all support and respect for Sachin's past records and no doubt greatest batsman which our country has produced---But time for him to call it a day has passed and he is delaying it by scoring such kind of 100s on a pathetically flat track. Sachin hatao -- Desh bachao :cantstop:

What should he average in England for you to finally admit that he isn't worth a spot in the Test XI ? I think he should average above 40 for the series. If not, then he isn't worth persevering worth. There are some good batsmen in domestic cricket who can average in the 30's on an England tour.

People need to get one thing straight- Sachin's record since 2004 minus the minnows (BD/ZIM): mat/inn :15/24 no : 1 t.runs: 789 ave : 34.30 hs : 109 c : 1 f : 5 This is his record minus bangladesh/zimbabwe. Sachin has to improve on this abysmal record against quality opposition very soon or he should retire from test cricket. Sachin has been a better ODI batsman than Test batsman in the last few years and perhaps he should quit test cricket if he doesnt start clicking soon (and by that i mean average atleast 45-50) in the next couple of series, he should just focus on ODIs and extend his shelf-life in that format.

People need to get one thing straight- Sachin's record since 2004 minus the minnows (BD/ZIM): mat/inn :15/24 no : 1 t.runs: 789 ave : 34.30 hs : 109 c : 1 f : 5
CC.. Pls do find out how much other indian batsmen averaged in the same period in all games minus the minnows. Then , we can hav a fair discussion.

Rest of the Indian batting lineup, minus minnows, since 2005 start: Dravid : 19 tests, 34 innings, 4 not outs, 1639 runs @ 54.63, 5x100, 9x50 Laxman: 17 tests, 30 innings, 5 not outs, 935 runs @ 37.40, 2x100, 7x50 Gangoo averages less than Tendy and Sehwag averages way more. As we can see, Tendy's neck *is* on the chopping block if performance were the sole criteria.

CC.. Pls do find out how much other indian batsmen averaged in the same period in all games minus the minnows. Then , we can hav a fair discussion.
Why dont you do that marirs, for Tendu, Sehwag, Laxman, Dravid who featured regularly in the top 5 in the last 3 years. (It would be unfair to throw in Ganguly in there as he did not get to play much in this period). The last time i checked these stats, I found Tendu as our WORST top order bat. Its funny he is playing ahead of Sehwag & Laxman ONLY based on his reputation.