What's wrong with Tendulkar?

King

Mortaza is all over him. Not a single shot played against Mortaza and Tendulkar is making him look like Ambrose on a green track. Twice Tendulkar has had no clue what to do with the short ball and once Mortaza even hit Tendulkar. Tendulkar had no idea how to counter Mortaza on a flat deck so far. It's pretty troublesome to see Tendulkar not even able to counter short balls from the likes of Mortaza (I think he is a good bowler but not great) towards the end of the day on a flat deck that is doing absolutely nothing. :omg_smile:

You are right, Ravi. He got out pulling in his last innings, so decided to cut out that shot. He'll get to another hundred by nudging and nurdling, and will unfortunately, for India, consume a lot of deliveries getting there. It's a shame, seeing him bat like this.

That's a very lame excuse Anakin. This is excatly how the intent and momentum is lost. It still hurts the 3rd test against South Africa. From an excellent position India went on to lose the test all because these two fellas shut the shop then and started the slide for India. Lest Rahul Dravid is still having a go at bad balls. Tendulkar didn't want to have anything to do with the bad balls too. Wonder why? India is over 300 runs for no loss and there was still about an hour to go when Tendulkar walked in. In the last 10 overs India scored 30 runs of which Tendulkar scored 3 off 22 balls and Rahul Dravid 27 off 38 balls. Does that tell a story? :thumbs_down: Sorry to say but Tendulkar is really putting himself before the team. It hurts to say that but he sure is. :angry_smile:

I am surprised to see such a reaction from you all. It is strange to question SRT all the time. This guy at the beginning played like 17 in 73... Has no technique and still manages to get 60+ runs in next 50 balls he plays. Then why can't SRT do the same thing? Why question a guy who has scored runs that we cant even keep a count of? There are good and bad times, he should be fine tomorrow. While Dravid is playing nicely, its good to see SRT settling down. Tomorrow they will open up the gates and score runs at 4 and half to get maximum lead. I am thinking of 300 runs by tea and then declare 1st innings. With SRT, Gangs and Dhoni they should be able to score briskly tomorrow. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up: D100

Sachin of 2007 is a pale shadow of Sachin of 2003. Anybody can see that. His reflexes are slow and he has lost the ability to play express pace. Heck , he got decked by a Akhtar's bouncer on the flatest of flat pitches in Pakistan. The only question I have is ,Is he still good enuf. Probably , I guess.

Haha... it is strange to ask if he is good enough... there are quite a few out there.... they are just roaming around in the indian camp. We should rather be disussing those. I think it is unfair to ask for the same performance from SRT, when he himself has said it is not going to be now on. Despite that he is best fit in the side beacuse we are playing some miserable players in the middle as well. Considering their performance and technique, SRT is still ranks 2nd best in the team after Dravid. I have not watched him playing in recent times so I agree that he might have played quite defensively yesterday but it can't be termed as nudging or anything. His captain was opposit to him. If they have a strategy, it is best know to them than us. Lets just watch. IMHO, Jafar could be our obvious choice with whatever technique he has. He has to play more on the faster tracks to establish himself. He definitely has it in him. I will rate him ahead of Sehwag....who always knows how he is going to lose his wkt in the next innings....I am glad he gone for the better. Hopefully he gets his fitness and form back.

I dont know what his intent is anymore. Grafting & grinding took him nowhere as a test batsman in the last few years. After a long time in SA i saw him bat with intent in one or two innings. Now he is gone back to his old ways. He is not gonna last long if he bats without believing in himself against, even slightly better opponents than Bangladesh with two good bowlers operating in tandem.

When Tendulkar is hit and looks clueless against the likes of Mortaza on a flat deck a thread is on for sure. I was more concerned Tendulkar struggling to put bat to ball on a flat pitch against these bowlers. If this is a non-topic for you fellas I don't quite know what is :confused_smile: I've seen a lot ot great cricketers but never seen them struggle against rookie bowlers of 120-130 k pace. I'm very disappointed by Tendulkar. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch him still but it is painful to see him struggle against the likes of Mortaza. BTW did you guys watch him play towards the end of the day at all?

another ton for sure..he played slow agree, but then what should i say, it was just day 2 and we had plenty of time.. and agree that he was troubled by the bangla bowlers a bit.. but then all gr8 players are troubled.. u can't be so picky about a gr8 player and find the no. of shots he played wrong.. hope to see 38th, 39th, 40th soon in England..