Afridi begs to play in the IPL.

Schickelgruber

OP is a Pakistani. Afridi is confused, but not begging.
OP is a grade A clown.. no need to talk abt him!!!! Afridi is not confused. Its the Indian media which is confusing you people. Every different Indian news channel extrapolates quotes in whatever way it wishes and feeds it to you guys! The quotes at the end are totally made up. The Gautam one esp. TOI makes stories as it goes along

:hatsoff: I won't lie, I used to hate over the success of India when I was young. Even though I was born American, that mentality was always in me because of my background. But honestly, India deserves its position as a global superpower because they did was work hard for it and not blame other for their failures and shortcomings. Unlike us who blame everything on others and everything is a conspiracy. :dance:
what success?? haha cricketing? there wasnt any unless you were born 3 years ago? economic? rich for a country which has more poor people than africa to say that

OP is a grade A clown.. no need to talk abt him!!!! Afridi is not confused. Its the Indian media which is confusing you people. Every different Indian news channel extrapolates quotes in whatever way it wishes and feeds it to you guys! The quotes at the end are totally made up. The Gautam one esp. TOI makes stories as it goes along
I am checking cricinfo and video footage of his quotes so its not like newspapers like TOI dreamed them up even though they might have sensationalized it. Video Footage - Afridi asks why so much hate against India. Video Footage - Afridi says the hearts of Pakistanis are bigger than those of Indians. And this wasnt once, he said it twice - once on a talk show to Samaa TV and once on video. So it was not some slip of the tongue or misinterpretation. He specifically wanted to make controversial statements to divert the focus from the loss

what success?? haha cricketing? there wasnt any unless you were born 3 years ago? economic? rich for a country which has more poor people than africa to say that
I dont know why it gives Pakistanis immense pleasure to announce India's number of poor or our low per capita GDP. We never said that we are a rich nation, but we are getting there and willl do so soon. If instead of doing anything, we sit on our a$ses all day and take comfort in the fact that China also has a lot of poor people or the growth isnt equitable, it isnt going to help our cause.

I am checking cricinfo and video footage of his quotes so its not like newspapers like TOI dreamed them up even though they might have sensationalized it. Video Footage - Afridi asks why so much hate against India. Video Footage - Afridi says the hearts of Pakistanis are bigger than those of Indians. And this wasnt once, he said it twice - once on a talk show to Samaa TV and once on video. So it was not some slip of the tongue or misinterpretation. He specifically wanted to make controversial statements to divert the focus from the loss
He said Indian media people have very small hearts and Indians try to downgrade Pakistanis at evry opportunity. This is abs corrrect. Even in ICF it is prevalent. There is frankly an obsession and vevn after the WC win 5-% threads are pakistan bashing threas

Can the franchises interested still bring in new players in the 2011 IPL??? If so' date=' they should be given a chance...politics and sports should be completely separated..wishful thinking I know but this is reality![/quote'] Injured players can be replaced by those who were available through auction. Money paid must be less than or equal to what was paid for the original player and their base prices must be same or some shyte like that. :giggle:

He said Indian media people have very small hearts and Indians try to downgrade Pakistanis at evry opportunity. This is abs corrrect. Even in ICF it is prevalent. There is frankly an obsession and vevn after the WC win 5-% threads are pakistan bashing threas
Listen to this video. Nowhere for the first statement does he mention the media, he is talking about Indians in general. Media was talked about only in the second question. Afridi was perfectly aware that this will create controversy and divert attention from the loss. WmtV2Ow2XRg

What is this BS about big heart? Do we send bombers to your country to kill innocent civilians in hotels and train stations? I can't believe you guys even have the guts to compare people of the two countries. :finger:

@cricketlover, you've said above that Afridi comments were not directed at the Indian people, but at the media. If this is what you want to believe, that's fine. I listened to the whole interview (not just a 2 min video clip). He spoke separately about Indians and the Indian media. About Indians, he said "they cannot be big-hearted like us Pakistanis, us Muslims". About the Indian media, he said that the Pakistani media is 100 times better. So please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting that his comments were directed at the Indian media only and not at the people. One more thing. I really don't have a problem with what Afridi thinks about Indians as long as he keeps it as his private opinion. When he begins to air it in public, there is a chance that he will be influencing millions of Pakistanis, considering he is a national icon. If he is spreading love and goodwill, that's great. But if he is spreading divisiveness, he is causing great damage to an already very frail and strained relationship. He needs to realise the responsibility of his celebrity status. On your point about the Indian media, I will not try to defend the Indian media. If they said what you claim they did, it is inexcusable.

The entire country is so used to easy money, they're outraged when India expects some decency from their leaders & sportsmen. Imagine how the Americans must feel .. they throw billions to this dole happy nation and get nothing but hatred in return. Thankfully, we get our hatred free of cost.

What is this BS about big heart? Do we send bombers to your country to kill innocent civilians in hotels and train stations? I can't believe you guys even have the guts to compare people of the two countries. :finger:
Dude no point on talking to these deluded fools... it's clear to the rest of the world the difference between the ppl of the two nations based on trajectory the two countries have taken. One is a failed state surviving on aid and handouts from others while the other is the 11th largest economy of the world and poised to be one of the economic superpower in the near future. There's no comparison and the "big hearts" can shove it up their *****