Finding IPL boring ?

satyam1729

The mediocrity of IPL seems almost criminal (and even comical) after the high standards of the world cup.
On the contrary, the IPL doesn't have any minnows. Thats why in terms of pure entertainment value, its going to be so much better than the WC.

and in terms of pure quality' date=' so much worse than the WC :icflove:[/quote'] Right. So while I watch the MI vs DC game, you can watch a re-run of Canada vs Kenya and completely regale yourself with high quality cricket. :icflove:

Right. So while I watch the MI vs DC game' date=' you can watch a re-run of Canada vs Kenya and completely regale yourself with high quality cricket. :icflove:[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

To be fair enough. Already bored a bit. Normally I get bored half way through IPL but already getting bored a bit in the first match itself. Was just watching it for fun and lolzz. This looks so farce after watching quality cricket for the past 6 months.

To be fair enough. Already bored a bit. Normally I get bored half way through IPL but already getting bored a bit in the first match itself. Was just watching it for fun and lolzz. This looks so farce after watching quality cricket for the past 6 months.
We are yet to witness Nohit sharmas, Shanthakumaran sreesanths et al.. :cantstop: We are just getting warmed up.

Right. So while I watch the MI vs DC game' date=' you can watch a re-run of Canada vs Kenya and completely regale yourself with high quality cricket. :icflove:[/quote'] As far as this Bollywood Tamasha (a.k.a IPL) is concerned, I'm not watching any matches except those of Mumbai Indians and those also because Goddy is playing for them. I'd rather regale myself with Canada vs Kenya than watching SRGay & Co dancing up and down or watching the lovebirds Mallaya Jr & Dipika Padukone :icflove: Meanwhile you can watch Harbhajan slapping Sreesanth and Sreesanth crying - high quality indeed :adore: :adore:

If that is worthless.. why is Australia trying to imitate the same? :cantstop: 2nlxsol.png
Aussies are a whining lot .. they are trying to get Indian sponsors for Big Bash and are going for entertainment and are b!tching about IPL .. but that is the Aussies we all know :giggle:

As far as this Bollywood Tamasha (a.k.a IPL) is concerned, I'm not watching any matches except those of Mumbai Indians and those also because Goddy is playing for them. I'd rather regale myself with Canada vs Kenya than watching SRGay & Co dancing up and down or watching the lovebirds Mallaya Jr & Dipika Padukone :icflove: Meanwhile you can watch Harbhajan slapping Sreesanth and Sreesanth crying - high quality indeed :adore: :adore:
Why so much angst against IPL? Its good for BCCI. Its good for the economy. Kya bigada hai SRK ya Mallya ne tumhara?

Why so much angst against IPL? Its good for BCCI. Its good for the economy. Kya bigada hai SRK ya Mallya ne tumhara?
I don't exactly like the idea of a World Cup winning Indian player being booed by the crowd of his own country (happened as recently as today - Gambhir was booed by the Chennai crowd and has happened in previous seasons as well) or Indian team mates fighting (Slapgate - Bhajji & Sree) but most importantly I don't find any sort of quality in the T20 version of cricket - T20 cricket is just about hitting - the batsmen hitting the bowlers all over the park that is :headshake: In Tests (and to some extent in ODIs too) you get sustained periods of high quality cricket where you get to see a good battle between the bat and the ball. In T20 batsmen are trying to hit from ball one and bowlers are trying to save runs - thats it, nothing else is there in a T20 match.