Just bought the Kindle

King Tendulkar

i have one too.. but dont use it much..the feeling of reading a 'real' book is priceless.
absolutely agree. ebooks can never ever replace real books..........................but yeah, given that many books I want are not available in India so I would have to read them in ebook form.

Isnt it irritating to the eyes? I haven't used a kindle but I'm telling with the experience of reading e-books...Just asking.
Nope. Its as close to real paper as it can get. The realization that its a ebook reader only lasts for around 5-10 minutes. Once you are immersed in the book, it makes absolutely no difference at all

New chapter for publishing as Amazon Kindle overtakes print

EBOOKS are outselling their printed counterparts at Britain’s largest bookseller Amazon for the first time, the web giant has revealed. Across Amazon’s UK operations, 114 Kindle ebooks have been sold for every 100 hardback or paperback editions this year. The figures also showed that ereaders are sparking a boom in total book sales, with Kindle owners buying four times as many titles – whether in print or ebook format – as they did before they owned the device. Ebooks overtook print in 2010 in the US, but Amazon said the market had grown a lot quicker in Britain, with the milestone coming just two years after the Kindle’s UK launch. “To reach this landmark after just two years in the UK is remarkable and shows how quickly UK readers are embracing Kindle,” Jorritt Van der Meulen, the vice president of Amazon’s European Kindle division said. He pointed out that the results were not due to a decline in physical sales, saying Amazon’s print business continues to grow. Amazon has dominated the ebook market since the introduction of the Kindle, with its success attributed to the low prices Amazon charges for titles, as well as the flexibility of the system, which allows readers to access Kindle books on tablets and phones. Amazon also runs a successful ebook publishing operation, with independent authors able to sell their work. Three of the top 10 ebooks were sold via Amazon’s own Kindle Direct Publishing operation.
Link with the advent of ebooks this was bound to happen but I'm a bit surprised at how quickly the trend of ebooks has caught on.

i got a eBook. im sure its not as good as Kindle but similar display, and i just download e-books online and transfer it to my eBook thru lappy. iv been using it for about a year.. its great and everything, but still it doesnt give me the feeling of an actual book.. the smell... just the damn feeling. I love real books, but this is good for when im travveling and dont wanna carry too many books around.. tons of books in it !>..

**** the reading, i love audible -audio books. 3 books in 4 weeks and have 3 books in the queue. Its awesome as I dont have to listen to lame rado programs during commute. Try audible (amazon company), its great
you arent much of a reader are you. reading > audio. LOL.