IPL vs Big Bash

anotherhawkeye

Oh come on. Even in WC, there were dropped catches by international players. Quality depends only on the format of the tournament and the players who play. Period.
I was taking a potshot at MSD, don't read too much into that post..the smiley must have been a cue. Having said that, the fielding standards of BB > IPL. Period.

I was taking a potshot at MSD, don't read too much into that post..the smiley must have been a cue. Having said that, the fielding standards of BB > IPL. Period.
That is kinda obvious isn't it. It is like comparing Australian fielding vs Indian fielding. It is always going to be superior in any kind of cricket. School cricket, first clsas cricket, international cricket.

That is kinda obvious isn't it. It is like comparing Australian fielding vs Indian fielding. It is always going to be superior in any kind of cricket. School cricket' date=' first clsas cricket, international cricket.[/quote'] Our ground fielding is always going to be inferior in comparison, but there really is no excuse for dropping catches, esp. the straight forward ones.

Problem with Big Bash is that it is scheduled during Dec-Jan and that is the time Australia is playing Test cricket so all Aussie national players are unable to participate. BigBash has been quite good for the last 3 years and the ticket sales have been decent. Perth/Adelaide/Hobart are usually sold out where as MCG, SCG and Gabba usually get more than 20,000 people watching it. Even though these stadiums dont even look half full, but the turnout is quite decent. The good thing with BigBash was that it used state teams so people were able to follow the same players in one dayers, shield and T20 games so with introduction of new teams it might get a little confusing. Also the number of overseas players allowed was not even 3 ( I guess it was max 2 ) so it was mostly an Aus domestic tournament. Its all about to change but IMO the biggest danger is the clash of this tournament with Test cricket and in Aus, test cricket PWNS limited over cricket.

The biggest problem with Big Bash is the timing. The only time available is Jan-Feb every year and thats is the time when nearly every international team is busy on tours. I can't see too many international stars participating in Big Bash unless they match IPL salaries.

The quality of both batting and bowling in big bash is poor compared with IPL . So its rubbish to say bigbash is quality wise better than IPL because of fielding standards . Zimbabwe fielding standards are the best in th world does that mean they have the best T20 tournament in terms of quality ?

by saying just "big bash" here, you guys are referring to the revamped, city centered new version of the aussie domestic t20 league right? it's gonna be staged for the first time, and still has its quota of problems. some say it won't get underway at all. if you're trying to compare IPL with older version of the big bash, let me say there's no comparison at all, qualitywise. find and watch some match highlights at least.

by saying just "big bash" here, you guys are referring to the revamped, city centered new version of the aussie domestic t20 league right? it's gonna be staged for the first time, and still has its quota of problems. some say it won't get underway at all. if you're trying to compare IPL with older version of the big bash, let me say there's no comparison at all, qualitywise. find and watch some match highlights at least.
But do you have world's best playing there? Tendulkar, Dhoni, ABDV, McCullum, Bret Lee... to name a few? 44 Aussies are playing in IPL .

Yes, we are referring to the new version. When you say there is no comparison, which one do you think is better? IPL or BB?