Is Paul Valthaty's "19 four inning" record against Chennai breakable ?

Sir john

^ It also characterizes even more perfectly' date=' what a piece of donkey crap CSK bowling was last night :kxip:[/quote'] Clearly, CSK were totally unprepared for this dude. They must have looked at the KXIP team sheet before the game and saw the name Paul and Valthaty and told themselves, ‘Aah, some random newbie.. The pressure will get to him.. ‘ This were simply clueless as to what his strong/vulnerable points were. But to be fair to Dhoni, having watched Valthaty smash a 100, I still cant tell if he prefers/abhors any particular area in the field. He seems comfortable both in the front and back foot, seems at home driving AND pulling, can swing thru the line AND the play the deft touches as well. If anything, he’s definitely a more off-side minded player, who maybe a little susceptible to the incoming ball just outside off-stump, ala, a bit like Sehwag. He’s not really good at flicking the ball, so you can afford to bowl slightly full on middle stump and leave the square leg open.

Oh ok were still world champions so I dont mind. You sound like some deluded Afridi fan celebrating his fastest hundred after all the years of failure.
:finger: am not a afridi fan. check paul facebook likes more than 2500 :dance: all his shots are proper cricket shot ,you need to watch highlight. he did't bat like afridi.

Valthaty is a one hit wonder. Mark my words. Maybe will do ok in the IPL' date=' not international level[/quote'] He knows that himself :cantstop: . The thing about IPL is some captains give you license to fail. So these noname players sometimes come off. At the international level there is no license to fail (except for Afridi :cantstop: who had life long license to fail from PCB)

A small step in the right direction: Valthaty Paul Valthaty would have had little idea that his life would change overnight after his breathtaking show against the Chennai Super Kings. The 27-year-old however doesn't want to bask in the glory of a singular performance and would like to carry on the good work. "I will try not to get too overwhelmed by the success. I will try to see that my feet is firmly rooted," Valthaty said. Treating himself as a "normal cricketer" from Mumbai who has faced struggle in his career, Valthaty, while talking about his gem of an innings at Mohali last night, said, "This is just a small step that I have taken." "Wearing India cap always remains a cricketer's ultimate dream, but I know there is a long journey ahead and I have just taken a small step (to realise that dream)," Valthaty told PTI in an interview on Thursday. Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev have been his childhood idols. "I was always fascinated by Kapil Dev and Sachin and had a great liking for the sport from my childhood. My father used to push me a lot to play cricket," he said. Rubbing shoulders with the likes of Indian skipper MS Dhoni and other top cricketers like Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh in the IPL is like a dream come true, feels Valthaty. "I will have to pinch myself," he said when asked how he would feel if one day he finds batting along side Tendulkar at the other end. "It's every cricketer's dream to play besides the master," he said. The Mumbaikar has no first-class experience and till date has played only one List A match for Mumbai way back in 2006 while featuring in just 12 T20s. Valthaty made his first foray in former India great Dilip Vengsarkar's academy in Mumbai. He was later picked for India U-19 squad with the likes of Irfan Pathan and Parthiv Patel that went to New Zealand for the 2002 World Cup, where he played a game against Bangladesh. "I started my cricket 10-12 years ago and I have played ODIs and T20s for Mumbai. It was in New Zealand that I suffered an eye injury which kept me out of action for over a year," he said. About his eye injury that could have brought an abrupt end to his career, Valthaty takes it in his stride. "Injuries are part and parcel of a cricketer's life. I kept working hard knowing that my day will come. Yesterday was the day I have been waiting for." While Valthaty's father is an engineer and mother a doctor, he said that it was his father who initiated him into the sport. "My father used to push me a lot to play cricket. He is a great enthusiast of the sport. My mother too supported me. I have always got great support from my family and friends, who have been behind me through thick and thin which has motivated me to do well. Motivation has never been a problem," he said. Valthaty said that he would like KXIP to do well in the tournament. "We have a great captain (Adam Gilchrist). He is a good leader. We play the next game in Hyderabad and would like to win there as well. It is important for the team to do well, with a long tournament ahead," he said. Kings XI coach Michael Bevan also heaped praise on the youngster for sterling display. "He (Valthaty) played a high quality knock, an amazing knock. We really needed such a knock. His placement, power was terrific. He is a talented batsman, who strikes the ball beautifully," Bevan said. He said Valthaty was a quiet character and reserved person, who likes to keep to himself, but was a good human being.

Recognition at last for Paul Valthaty Paul Valthaty who smashed his way into national consciousness with an unbeaten 120 for his team Kings XI Punjab at Mohali on Wednesday is seen as a promising batsman without lady luck on his side. Though he started in the game much early, 16 years ago at the Vengsarkar Academy, Valthaty has just one first class match to his credit. The only outing he had with the big boys was the encounter between Mumbai and Baroda in 2006. Since then, he has been waiting on the sidelines for the right opportunity. Among those who cannot help heaping praise on Valthaty is none other than Dilip Vengsarkar who kept an eye on him right from the time he was a 11-year old. Vengsarkar told reporters that Valthaty enrolled in his academy as a medium pacer but later on got noticed for his batting skills. Later on, Valthaty went on to get selected for the Under-19 World Cup. But unfortunately just when his career was set to take off, Valthaty suffered an eye injury on the field that kept him off cricket for nearly two years. Getting back into the groove proved difficult and Valthaty was reduced to sitting on the sidelines. Along the way he managed impressive performances for his employer, Air India. According to Valthaty's boss, Dilip Pinge, the airline's DGM (sports), the batsman was always a big hitter with his shots flying out of the stadium. Like many cricketers struggling for their big break, the IPL 20-20 matches proved to be a major break for Paul Valthaty. After making his debut with Rajathan Royals, he was picked up for Punjab Kings XI where he proved his worth on Wednesday. Valthaty had made his debut in IPL in 2009 for Rajasthan Royals but had failed to make an impact. Even in the first match of this season against Pune Warriors, Valthaty had fallen cheaply. But on Wednesday he was promoted to open the batting and he grabbed the opportunity with both hands.