Is Paul Valthaty's "19 four inning" record against Chennai breakable ?

Sir john

:hmmm: Valthaty’s 63-ball knock contained 19 boundaries and two sixes. That seemed like a daunting score. But that was before Paul Valthaty got into the act and played that gem of a knock. Unsurprisingly, Valthaty was adjudged man-of-the-match for his brilliant unbeaten hundred.

i think unimpossible
Not to take anything away from Valthaty's innings but the Mohali ground looks like someone's backyard. If they have grounds like that everywhere, any record can be broken. I'm sure Watson would have scored 185 in a similar ground in BD.

Not to take anything away from Valthaty's innings but the Mohali ground looks like someone's backyard. If they have grounds like that everywhere' date=' any record can be broken. I'm sure Watson would have scored 185 in a similar ground in BD.[/quote'] Mohali is one of the biggest ground in India after DY Patil and Jamtha

How good is that if the boundary ropes are pulled in' date=' like they do in IPL?[/quote'] it is not the case this time. I do not think so it happened in previous IPLs too. Its just a myth. How far you can bring boundaries back when grounds are not big in itself. Today, straight boundary in DY Patil was 70-75 meter which is as big as any you can get anywhere except some Ozzie grounds which are bigger. Even in World Cup boundaries were as short as 58 meters, so what can you say. Durban had 56 meter shortest boundary in world T20 in 2007.

19 fours is nearly a boundary hit an ever, just for a SINGLE batsmen. An entire team would do well to hit so many fours in a T20 innings! This stat alone sort of characterizes perfectly, the sheer improbability of his innings. He was trying one shot after another, all around the field and ALL of them were coming off!