Future of Indian Batting looks better

CoverDrive

This is an obvious statement but it is becoming much more apparent with this season. I think 3 seasons of IPL playing amongst the best as well as the World Cup win gives confidence to even the younger players that they are nowhere less than anyone else in the world. If you see in IPL 1 all the top scores were by foreign players (all 6 centuries in 2008 were from foreign players) Now you can see a lot of the top scores are coming from Indian players and at a very good strike rate. I am not saying all of them are international class but i see much more confidence in them now. Even people like Valthathy, Mohnish mishra, Chipli who would probably never get a chance to play for india are making big scores (earlier they just used to play small cameos) Even Jadeja seems to be doing better :giggle: This will push the top level players like Gambhir, Rohit, Pujara, Rahane to continue doing well as they know there others close behind them. so IPL definitely has some very big plusses and bringing better and bigger talent pool to light is the biggest on of them. If only we had same riches on the bowling side :pray: