Performance of EX KKR guys

vvvslaxman

Gayle McCullum Ishant :two_thumbs_up: Any comments Andy?
Cant say abt Andy...but IMO...KKR is much better off without those 3 guys. they were with KKR for 3 year....did we even make the SF. This year....KKR dusted all the garbage out...& we are in the top 4 constantly...& only time to time team selection glitch or batting lineup glitch cause KKR to lose. Hoping that both are resolved..& KKR win the remaining games. :kkr: :hatsoff:

Cant say abt Andy...but IMO...KKR is much better off without those 3 guys. they were with KKR for 3 year....did we even make the SF. This year....KKR dusted all the garbage out...& we are in the top 4 constantly...& only time to time team selection glitch or batting lineup glitch cause KKR to lose. Hoping that both are resolved..& KKR win the remaining games. :kkr: :hatsoff:
Heard KKR have complained about the Eden Gardens pitch? Any news on that? And likely replacement of Haddin?

Heard KKR have complained about the Eden Gardens pitch? Any news on that? And likely replacement of Haddin?
I read the complaint too...& yes...Eden wicket just like most IPL teams have been inconsistent. But IMO....after the last game...here...the curator has got enough time to get a wicket that will suit KKR batting lineup. No news abt the replacement...but KKR cant go higher then the price for Hadding..which I think was 350K....or select a player from a higher base price ie in Haddin case was 200K. I think KKR might get Tamim Iqbal of BD...or OBrain from Ireland. Whoever they choose..I hope its not from NZ/Aus/SA or SL. who knows....Bravo from WI :winky: or Chanderpaul :hysterical: They have to make this decision before tomorrows game...because after 8 games...they cant make replacement for injured player...unless ur team name is CSK or MI :giggle:

The ex-KKR players are proving to be brilliant as expected after they came out of KKR and that is not a surprise to be frank. They were quality players. I think the problem with KKR was that all the players never bonded together. They were one of the strongest sides on paper in IPL 1 too. But their team never bonded. Many say there was politics amongst players in the team too though not sure. But once the side was completely changed and only a handful of low profile players like Tiwary, Unadkat and Abdulla were retained instead of the star players then they started working well again. It was more about the emotional bonding which was a problem and not the skills for KKR all these years. It was clearly visible that the team was divided when anyone watched the last few IPLs.

The ex-KKR players are proving to be brilliant as expected after they came out of KKR and that is not a surprise to be frank. They were quality players. I think the problem with KKR was that all the players never bonded together. They were one of the strongest sides on paper in IPL 1 too. But their team never bonded. Many say there was politics amongst players in the team too though not sure. But once the side was completely changed and only a handful of low profile players like Tiwary' date=' Unadkat and Abdulla were retained instead of the star players then they started working well again. It was more about the emotional bonding which was a problem and not the skills for KKR all these years. It was clearly visible that the team was divided when anyone watched the last few IPLs.[/quote'] Same can be said of players like Kallis...he is playing much better for KKR. Sanga & Mahela doing much better out of KXIP. Dilshan is struggling big time in this IPL....being out of DD & part of RCB :giggle:

I read the complaint too...& yes...Eden wicket just like most IPL teams have been inconsistent. But IMO....after the last game...here...the curator has got enough time to get a wicket that will suit KKR batting lineup. No news abt the replacement...but KKR cant go higher then the price for Hadding..which I think was 350K....or select a player from a higher base price ie in Haddin case was 200K. I think KKR might get Tamim Iqbal of BD...or OBrain from Ireland. Whoever they choose..I hope its not from NZ/Aus/SA or SL. who knows....Bravo from WI :winky: or Chanderpaul :hysterical: They have to make this decision before tomorrows game...because after 8 games...they cant make replacement for injured player...unless ur team name is CSK or MI :giggle:
I am not sure about he above point. For example, RCB went with Gayle for a base price of 400K to replace Nannes who was at a much lower base price. So, I do not think that base price would matter. And to be fair enough, KKR has made the least amount of purchases this IPL and has got only 20 players including Haddin in their squad instead of the allowed 30 member squad. They have the smallest squad in IPL and have only gone for a small squad after carrying all the 30 players in the last few IPLs. So, they would have 11 empty slots after Haddin being ruled out and they can fill in any of them.

Same can be said of players like Kallis...he is playing much better for KKR. Sanga & Mahela doing much better out of KXIP. Dilshan is struggling big time in this IPL....being out of DD & part of RCB :giggle:
I would disagree on Kallis too. He was the second highest run scorer of last IPL after Sachin and so I would not say he was performing bad. He was even bowling a lot last year but is hardly bowling much this year. He was bowling his full 4 overs in most matches last year but is hardly bowling much this year. Same can be said about Dilshan too. He has been struggling since IPL 2 and last year Dilshan was pretty pathetic to be frank as he is this year too.