Tamim likely to replace Haddin.....KKR

bangladeshifan

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/injured-haddin-ruled-out-of-ipl/56955-13.html http://www.anandabazar.com/30khela1.htm http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/story/cricket.indiaabroad.com/haddin-ruled-out-ipl-due-fractured-finger-20110429/ Flamboyant Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal will likely replace injured Haddin in Kolkata Knight Riders' team for the rest of the IPL 4. নাইট শিবিরের খবর বলতে, চোট পাওয়া হাডিনের জায়গায় সম্ভবত আসছেন তামিম ইকবাল। বিেস্ফারক বাংলাদেশ ওপেনারের সঙ্গে কেকেআর কর্তাদের কথাবার্তা অনেকটাই এগিেয়ছে বলে শোনা যাচ্ছে। B->B->B->:yay::yay::yay:

well kkr doesnt have a settled opening partership yet
Gauti is one of the best openers in the world and he is just playing safe by sending a local boy for opening though I have always said it is the wrong ploy. Gauti is the default opener of India too in absence of either Sachin or Veeru. Their opening pair is settled for that matter. It is just that Gauti is taking less risks. If needed Pathan can be sent as opener in crucial matches. He hits bigger and is a better slogger than Tamim. I have never seen Tamim doing anything except slogging. He tries to hit every ball as Pathan does and so if needed YP can be made an opener as it would give the same result if not a lot better. Tamim cannot single handedly win a match but Pathan can too. If Pathan lasts 10 overs including powerplay overs that would mean a default century. :giggle:

Do we have any idea why the other 'big name' opener was not considered for the IPL? I'm referring to Amla, btw. One would have thought that Amla, Gayle and Tamim would be automatic picks for the IPL. Did he decline to take part ? A batting lineup of Amla, Kallis, Gambhir and Yusuf in the top 4 would have been formidable.

I could have liked K Obrian. He is a big hitter & can bowl. Not to mention he could have slotted very easily at no 6/7 for kkr. Tamim will find difficult as an opener....unless kkr do pick tamim & Gauti continues to bat himself at no 3 which IMO is a wrong position for him anyway

Amla has not even signed to put his name in Auction & it may be because of the Adds on T-Shirts of Macdowells & Royal Challange which is almost oon every team shirt & that is the biggest reason i feel he os not playing IPL. Even for SA before he made his Debut he made this condition that he will not wear any clothes with add of BEER on it. & i would have hated if he comes on to play for the bloody idiotic team like KKR.

Amla has not even signed to put his name in Auction & it may be because of the Adds on T-Shirts of Macdowells & Royal Challange which is almost oon every team shirt & that is the biggest reason i feel he os not playing IPL. Even for SA before he made his Debut he made this condition that he will not wear any clothes with add of BEER on it. & i would have hated if he comes on to play for the bloody idiotic team like KKR.
Hats off to him if this is true, putting his moral ethics in life ahead of millions of dollars.