You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

:itsme: Chetak and LML Vespa were the most popular scooters.
I remember riding the following in the 90s: Bajaj Chetak Bajaj Priya LML Vespa (Best scooter of all time, power + elegance + balance). Luna Spark - loved riding it. It was my progression from bi-cycle to motor bike. Scooty Rajdoot Bullet Yamaha

I remember riding the following in the 90s: Bajaj Chetak Bajaj Priya LML Vespa (Best scooter of all time, power + elegance + balance). Luna Spark - loved riding it. It was my progression from bi-cycle to motor bike. Scooty Rajdoot Bullet Yamaha
What about the Legend, Lambretta? :hmmm: Good old Lamby..

What about the Legend, Lambretta? :hmmm: Good old Lamby..
If I remember right, Lambretta was more popular in the 80s than in the 90s. I have seen vintage pieces that were past running days in my early childhood. Never got to ride one actually. But I have heard all good things about it.

Yeah Luna and spark. How can we ever forget. And there was another one..Hero Puch. Whatever happened to mopeds? And good old Rajdoot. What a piece of Metal. I remember a neighbour who had one. Every morning before dressing up for office he will go kick, kick, kick .. till it started. Then he would race the accelerator for 5 mins and lots of smoke would be coming our of the exhaust. Switch off. After that, he would go get dressed and start the bike (one kick only) and zoom off. This was his daily routine except on Sundays.