You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

^ dude, hindi grammar don't swing that way. Parkhi from parakh would mean 'that which has been examined'. As in: yeh vastuyen parkhi hui hain. I don't remember that line from the ad so can't throw more light on it.

What it could be however, and I'm pretty certain that the first vowel sound is elongated, giving you the word phonetically : paar . So it could be: aapki paar ki nazar. Which means that your eyesight is 20/20.

What it could be however, and I'm pretty certain that the first vowel sound is elongated, giving you the word phonetically : paar . So it could be: aapki paar ki nazar. Which means that your eyesight is 20/20.
That's what I thought for the longest time...that the guy meant to say "Deepkiaji your foresight..." - paar ki nazar But my friend said that it was "parakh ki nazar" as in power of observation

^ dude, hindi grammar don't swing that way. Parkhi from parakh would mean 'that which has been examined'. As in: yeh vastuyen parkhi hui hain. I don't remember that line from the ad so can't throw more light on it.
There is a diff fence in pronunciation. Parkhi and Paarkhi are two different words. Parkhi = examined. Paarkhi = capable of examining. I know what I am talking about. The guy in the ad uses the word "paarkhi" and not "parkhi". And it was definitely not "paar ki nazar".

@dk sorry but I don't think that's even a word. It doesn't even make sense when I consider it as a new word that I don't know about. Show me a usage from anywhere, literature, movie, TV, newspaper. Also when was the last time advertising used anything other than colloquial, everyday language?

When you call a girl who dresses up like a boy Kajal Bhai If you know who Pappu Kangi is.... If you remember who Mohan Kapoor is Saanp Seedi .... If you remember that match where Leander almost Kicked Agassi's *** in U.S Open and then completely lost the plot. If you remember Goran Ivansisevic getting dehydrated in a davis cup match in India. If you know that there was a guy called Pat Rafter who overtook Sampras to bve world No1 for some time. You still think Micheal Owen is the next big thing in Football If you remember Baggio missing his Penalty in 94 finals

i have never heard the word "paarkhi" Its either "paar ki" or "parkhi"
If you do not put 'aa' it wont transliterate to "badey aa kee maatra". The one with "chotey a kee matra" (parkhi) may not be a word - but often used in spoken language. So - Paarakhi = Connoisseur /judge (person) Parkhi = tested/judged (object)

There is a diff fence in pronunciation. Parkhi and Paarkhi are two different words. Parkhi = examined. Paarkhi = capable of examining. I know what I am talking about. The guy in the ad uses the word "paarkhi" and not "parkhi". And it was definitely not "paar ki nazar".
yes you are right. praathmik paathshaala kay chhatron ko maaf kar do.

kya corrected, kya keh rahey ho taau? #510 aur #512 mein agar kuchh galat hai - then show it with appropriate reference.
I read what you posted, saw there was such a word and therefore stand corrected. Ab angrezi bhool gaye ho kya?

I read what you posted, saw there was such a word and therefore stand corrected. Ab angrezi bhool gaye ho kya?
abey tou, I/you kuchh tou laga deta.. kaunho stood corrected, aur kaunho fell down. P.S. - aur meiney kab kaha mujhe angrezi achhey se aati hai ;)