Rahul Sharma

Rahul Sharma  

1. 1.

• Yes, surely.
    • No, definitely not now
    • Can't say. Might be a gamble if picked

World T20. last time Jaddu didn't play in IPL. Without knowing his form they picked him. It was a disaster.
World T20 is next year. Long way off. By that time, he will have played another season of FC cricket. No issues with that. Most people were talking about picking him for WI ODIs and may be even tests.
World T20 is next year. Long way off. By that time, he will have played another season of FC cricket. No issues with that. Most people were talking about picking him for WI ODIs and may be even tests.
Not for tests. I checked his list A stats. Not overly mediocre. In none of the match he went for more than 5 runs an over 13 matches 25 wickets ER 4.28 SR 25 balls per wicket. He did play in challenger trophy. ONly top 33 players in country play challenger trophy if you discount international stars. He is not totally a noob like Valthaty or Gony. But only in IPL i see the pathetic state of domestic umpiring. I don't know how many careers they have ruined. Rahul was denied atleast 2 or 3 wickets in this IPL itself.

He needs to atleast be considered. In our mad obsession for Ashwin and his carrom ball, we have not given chances to players like Ojha, who seems to have lost motivation. I would be really pissed if someone who plays for kaptaan's team gets selected ahead of me, despite me performing and being in good form.

He needs to atleast be considered. In our mad obsession for Ashwin and his carrom ball' date=' we have not given chances to players like Ojha, [b']who seems to have lost motivation. I would be really pissed if someone who plays for kaptaan's team gets selected ahead of me, despite me performing and being in good form.
That is hardly anybody's fault isn't it. Ojha was not in because Chawla was picked. Ashwin was always going to be on the radar after his impressive performance in the ODIs against NZ. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=5997;type=series
He needs to atleast be considered. In our mad obsession for Ashwin and his carrom ball, we have not given chances to players like Ojha, who seems to have lost motivation. I would be really pissed if someone who plays for kaptaan's team gets selected ahead of me, despite me performing and being in good form.
And the same Kaptaan's favourite was not being played in 1st 11 by the Kaptaan himself.Its about time you come out of your lunatic theories and face the truth that Ashwin is a very good limited over bowler.
Ashwin would have got picked anyway. It was Chawla who didn't deserve a spot.
I dont know why Dhoni is accused of bias here, especially for CSK players. :dontknow: He left Ashwin out so many times that people were literally screaming for him to be included and calling Dhoni a stubborn mule. Yuppo was given multiple chances in the KO stages of the world cup, was dropped only after Raina gave a solid performance in the Australia QF. If Dhoni has any bias, it is for his own judgement. He persists with players who he feels will do well and more often than not, that strategy has worked.
I dont know why Dhoni is accused of bias here, especially for CSK players. :dontknow: He left Ashwin out so many times that people were literally screaming for him to be included and calling Dhoni a stubborn mule. Yuppo was given multiple chances in the KO stages of the world cup, was dropped only after Raina gave a solid performance in the Australia QF. If Dhoni has any bias, it is for his own judgement. He persists with players who he feels will do well and more often than not, that strategy has worked.
Well put. Dhoni infact he was opposite of the bias :cantstop:. His selections were as if he didn't want to be accused of bias.

Ashwin is a good limited over bowler. It is chawla who didn't deserve a spot. But I still consider Mishy ahead of Rahul sharma because of experience and consistent domestic performance. Rahul must be selected for A team and all major domestic tournaments and see whether he can sustain this performance before giving a chance.

That is hardly anybody's fault isn't it. Ojha was not in because Chawla was picked. Ashwin was always going to be on the radar after his impressive performance in the ODIs against NZ. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=5997;type=series
He had a good series. Maybe a great series. But I wouldn't call it the strongest NZ team he was playing against. Jadeja on the other hand consistently performed and didn't get picked for the Cup. Ojha... man, this guy hardly got his due.
And the same Kaptaan's favourite was not being played in 1st 11 by the Kaptaan himself.Its about time you come out of your lunatic theories and face the truth that Ashwin is a very good limited over bowler.
He is always going to be a 2nd choice spinner for us, no matter which IPL performance you want to quote in his favour. Ravi Jadeja performed better than him. Look up the records. And dude, I understand I hurt your sentiments. :((
Ashwin would have got picked anyway. It was Chawla who didn't deserve a spot.
Dhoni picked Chawla for variation. I'd pick Mishra or another legspinner.
He persists with players but also doesn't think twice before showing them the door. He groomed Ravi Jadeja for 6 months, defended him in every press conference, gave him confidence and dropped him when he needed to play him, may as a pure spinner. He's done way better than Ashwin to be dropped.
Well put. Dhoni infact he was opposite of the bias :cantstop:. His selections were as if he didn't want to be accused of bias.
I fail to understand the need to play not one but 2 frontline Off-spinners.
achilles is biased against players/captain/selectors originating from TN or involved with CSK
Welcome back whiney. You were missed throughly. How was the humble pie :--D Oh. And why are you defended that "stubborn mule Dhoni"? Did you forgot your previous posts on the subject? :smile:
His posts are always anti-tamil.He desereves some warning
10 on 10 for playing the "my regional sentiments are hurt" card. This is the Indian National team we are talking about, not the Tamil National Team. This is your team, my team, India's team.
And jack..., my favourite players are from South- 1. Badrinath 2. Dravid 3. Rayudu 4. Kumble Its funny to see "you" talk about bias. :hehe:
:hysterical: fineleg ! Biased ? No no he/she loveeeerasas players from other states especially from Punjab. His/ her love for Yuvi is known to every1 :date: Anyway another good show from Jalandhar boy 4-0-24-1
I fail to understand the need to play not one but 2 frontline Off-spinners.
It is better to play your best bowlers than crap bowlers just for variety. Aside from the that it gives an example of how Dhoni operates. He is not a biased captain in the sense that he picks only players from CSK. He definitely favors some players. Certainly not because of IPL affiliation. Those reasons are generally vague (Chawla, Joginder, Jaddu, ).
^ Achilles' date=' how does that show bias on Dhoni's part?[/quote'] Captain plays his part in selecting an XI as well as the squad. You know KJ, I've supported finey a lot of times, esp when everyone used to disagree with him. Used to believe there is a "reason" for his opinions. Turns out I backed the wrong guy. Yuvi is the right guy to back though. He does best when he backs himself. :pw:
Hmm. Lets agree to disagree on this one.
Ashwin is different from Bhajji in lot of ways. Ashwin relies on flight and variation. Bhajji relied on darts. He could do jack inside the power play at the international level. Ashwin does well inside power play. Fact is Dhoni knew he fu**ed up big time. He himself admitted at the post match ceremony. "Why Sreesanth why not Ashwin" question was something he expected .