• Raju Srivastav
    • Arshad Warsi
    • Akshay Kumar
    • Satish Kaushik
    • Bhagwant Maan
    • Sunil Pal
    • John Lever

Guest dada_rocks
he doesnt act in comic roles no more' date=' DR.... i think, those names are contemporary...[/quote'] That seems to be a valid point

I never found Big B to be an extraordinary actor. He was average. Paresh Rawal in my opinion is a much better actor.
Amitabh Bacchan was a good actor but certainly nothing extraordinary. As an example he was miles behind Sanjeev Kumar when it came to acting skills. However AB was a total package in the sense he had a great screen persona, booming voice that added depth to his characters, a look that could go for most of the roles and ability to play different kind of characters. Thats what made his loved by people. xxx

Amitabh Bacchan was a good actor but certainly nothing extraordinary.
I can't believe you just said that Lurker! AB is an extraordinary actor! The terrific quality of work he has done is just outstanding! Things like his voice, screen persona actually tend to detract from his exemplary acting skills as people tend to be overawed by the former and overlook the latter.

I can't believe you just said that Lurker! AB is an extraordinary actor! The terrific quality of work he has done is just outstanding! Things like his voice' date=' screen persona actually tend to detract from his exemplary acting skills as people tend to be overawed by the former and overlook the latter.[/quote'] Gambit. In my opinion AB's great works have all been post mid-90s. If you look at his career purely from an acting point of view(and not success) you would see that by and large his career from 1970-1990 does not have a whole lot of great acting to show for. In my opinion his first great acting movie was Agneepath, and that was as late as early 90's. Purely from an acting perspective guys like Sanjeev Kumar were much better. Even Rajesh Khanna was a better actor than AB. I beleive the two worked together in 2 movies - Anand & Namak Haraam- and in both Rajesh Khanna comes across as a better actor. Coming back to comedy and comedy involving Amitabh I would say while AB had his moments(like that scene in Amar Akbar Anthony) he also had a few duds. As an example his role in Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Chupke Chupke was not even half as good as Dharmendra. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

To each their own but as they say if there is anything called perfect in acting world only person who came close to it was is and perhaps will be Amitabh Bachchan. Acting is a package he carved his niche when he entered the industry the tall guy was not the norm he changed it . I am sure in his place others might have buckled calling that a handicap of theirs. He doesn't know how to dance but still immortalised his own style of limited dancing skills. Srious roles many can do so can AB but how many of the top contenders can enliven the comic character like AB. Yes sanjeev kumar Paresh rawal are good actors no doubt but not as mutli-dimensional as AB. Watch his shakesperean diction in forthcoming film. He was not born with that baritone but news is british guys were floored on the sets with AB's diction. Eagerly waiting for the release.