AAmir Khan under scanner now for buying land

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

I told you so.......... http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india/06_2007/back-to-roots-aamir-says-hes-a-farmer-by-birth-42239.html New Delhi: After megastar Amitabh Bachchan, actor Aamir Khan is under the scanner for purchasing agricultural land in Pune district by allegedly claiming he is a farmer. However Aamir - who reportedly purchased some agricultural land in Maval taluka of Pune district - says he has produced relevant documents to substantiate his claims. “I am an actor and artiste by profession but by birth I am also an agriculturist in the true definition of the word. I come from an agricultural family. My father, along with his brothers and sisters, owns agricultural property in the form of mango orchards in Shahbaad, Uttar Pradesh. My grand father, great grandfather were also agricultiurists,†Aamir told CNN-IBN. Every freaking person by roots is farmer. The actor’s clarification came on a day when Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane said Pune's district collector would conduct an inquiry into the allegations against Aamir. While Rane said he did not have any specific information or details about Aamir's case, he clarified every Indian citizen had the right to purchase agricultural land provided he had relevant documents. Rane said the administration would take strict action against any one who used fake documents to purchase farm land. However, Aamir maintained that he had acquired the land through “bonafide means†and was not on the wrong side of the law. “By virtue of being the son of an agriculturist I am also an agriculturist. Before firming up the idea of purchasing landed property, I conducted the due diligence required for this purchase and whether I was on the right side of the law. Only after having done that, did I proceed with the purchase. I have all the valid documentation to prove my credentials and clarify my position if desired by any appropriate authority,†the actor clarified. He maintained while none of his income came from agricultural means, he - having fulfilled all legal requirements – was an agriculturist who “respected the law of the land.†“I would request you to clarify this through your medium and also, kindly refrain from comparing my investment with that of other,†Aamir said, referring to the Amitabh Bachchan case. Bachchan too bought agricultural land in Maval by claiming to be a farmer and the matter is being looked into by authorities in Pune district. A court in Uttar Pradesh recently ruled that Bachchan is not a farmer and struck down the allotment of farm land to him in Barabanki.

Guest dada_rocks

expect deafening silence from those who were anguished over Amitabh case. It's not just aamir khan or amitabh, if it's crime then majority of india's population is guilty of buying agricultural land despite having some full-time job other than farming. Fact is it's not crime as an indian citizen u can always buy agricultural land as long as u are not exceeding the land ceiling, only as OCI (overseas citizen of india) u can't buy agricultural land.