Your best Friend(s)

Rajiv

They say school friends remain lifetime friends, its true to some extent but as we grow up we prefer to meet different kind of people; job related or just casual My best friends are still in India, not just a single one but group of friends Most of them are my school time friends 1) Sanjay ( Sagar Sarees at Linking Road, Bombay ) - Cricket fan but not like me, he is a jain who smokes and drinks but is a pure veg. Married and has 2 kids now, entire family name ( mother father chacha ) starts with S - and its a coincidence. Best Friend since grade 2 2) Sumesh - Runs a stationery wholesale business, been my best buddy since 10th standard, married and 2 kids. he doesn't watch cricket 3) Kamlesh ( Spykar Jeans ) - Best Friend since 1995, share the heartbreaking stories and he finally married the one he loved, 1 kid now 4) Ashish - Runs a Car Showroom, he WAS one of the real bad boys - from alcohol to drugs to gambling debt but is a good boy now, getting married in December. he is my best buddy since grade 8. 5) Deepak - Fashion Designer, still single and doesn't watch cricket. Best friend since 1994 6) Chandan/Varsha - Two of my best buddies, got married and have a daughter now - varsha and I had a short fling and chandan still doesn't know :embaressed_smile: if i had a million dollars, I would give half to them I speak to my friends occasionally and we refresh those cherished memories, those silly jokes which were said with no rhyme or reason, those shayaris after drinks, those holidays together and offcourse drinking sessions Things won't be the same again, life moved really fast and I still feel there could been more, just like that one last drink before the bar is closed I am sure everyone has experienced this, so who are/were your best pals

4 friends, who are much closer to me than anybody else.. 2 i met before kintergarten, now in india, doing engineering 1 i met in junior college.. again, doing engineering in india 1 i met in school, but werent friends in school.. just hi-bye.. became good friends in junior college, now in uni with me...

1- met when i was born. i call her mum. <3 1 - same class since std 1-10 but became friends in std 10. friends since 8 yrs now 2 in college, friends for 6 yrs 2 in the last 2 years dont have 'best friend' concept anymore but ya close friends :D

Guest dada_rocks

My best buddy (1) Wing commander Shyam Sundar Thakur: Stationed in bangalore these days. (2) Ravi shekhar: Friend from under-grad days. Best person I happen to know, we used to run evening school for street kids in those days. Admire this guy's never say die attitude. These days he too is in bangalore. (3) Aditya Narain: Again class-mate from kanpur days. In california these days, married and soon to be father. PS: Photo posted in relevant thread one from my weding. Now I wear french style stub

I have been lucky enough to get excellent friends as i passed from one academic level to the other... Bestest buddy -- Sriram ( yup, his name is Sriram too.. ). My mate from class 1. We studied in the same school , same college. Someone i can take for granted. He is in the US too , doing his masters. We celebrated the previous new year together.. At las vegas ! School buddies - Vishwa , Raghu and Vivek. These are the ones from high school. We had a small music band and went around schools in search of music competitions. All of us were in the same street and that helped. The guys are in s/w companies in India. College friends - Srivathsan, Venkatesh. Amongst the nicest guys you could ever meet. bull-**** intelligent. The last couple of years of Engineering , we roamed the colleges of our city doing paper presentations and other cultural stuff. Both are in the US now. We had a re-union of sorts this spring break in NJ.. was awesome fun !

For a few good friends. My best friends have been all from school and college days, not sure if I lost my frienship ability once I got in the job, became too selfish or if the world changed overnight. Whatever be the case my best friends have all been prior to my professional career. My earliest friend, and one still very dear is from my birth place. We were in the same class since 3rd standards, or perhaps even before. Went to school together and came home together, often having lunch at each others place. Today he is well married, settlled with a lovely kid in Tokyo handling IT of a large financial institution. Second is the lovely girl I met on day 1 of my college day. The ragging was on and boys and girls were asked to be very "disciplined". In the case of girls this meant wearing salwar suit(no jeans or skirts), putting dollops of oil over their hair, no make-ups and two pony tails. I remember her walk the door and told my friend, "this is the best face I have ever seen". Almost 10 years today that face still remains the best I have ever seen. Also a most formidable character if ever there was one, the kind I would like to take to trenches with me. Thirdly is that Bohemian Welsh girl I ran across while doing my job. Come to think of it I actually did have a great friend while I was in my career, then again she was not in my line of job. We had a good solid connection and there often were situations like belied total beleif. Like the time I landed in an accident and she called me within seconds of it as she had a dream about it. We arent in touch ever so often these days but whenever she has any issues I am the person she rings and vice versa. Quite a few more really, have lost touch with some, thanks mainly to global career of most of us today. Still I have afeeling meeting some of them , if not most, would restart that old fire.. xxx

I have lots of friends, but there are only 2 dudes I consider as best friends. I'm not going to name them, but this is the scenario: Dude 1: I've known this guy for 22 years, since nursery school (we are/are turning 26 this year). We went to nursery, Infant, and Junior school together, lost touch for 5 years during secondary school (age 11-16), then met up by coincidence on the first day of sixth form college, and also went to Uni together on the same course. He is my best friend, we been through some crazy times together, like when we pretended we were gay so that a stalker-freak girl would leave me alone, and the time we got caught cheating at Uni, (which meant our mothers had to speak to each other, ending a 15 year feud)... Dude 2: Surprisingly, I've known this guy for just 11 months! His CV, and the CV of a Pak-Man were handed to me and a girl I work with. She said she didn't want us to hire the Pak "because all Paks are pervs", I wasn't bothered, so just to shut her up, I agreed with her and we asked our boss to hire Dude 2. He began working with me on my last birthday. It turned out that he had gone to the same university as me, had owned a shop near my house, and had lived near my shop. He also knew a lot of people I knew. We were in to the same kind of stuff too, so had a lot to talk about, and he was very supportive during what turned out to be a tough year. I think because at work, we have to sit together for 8 hours a day, we're bound to either become good friends, or kill each other. Dude 1 and Dude 2 don't really know each other that well, they've only met twice, but 6 of us are going on a lads holiday in 2 weeks, and they'll both be there... My 17 year old cousin is very close to me, but as he's family, he doesn't count...

Guest dada_rocks
I have lots of friends, but there are only 2 dudes I consider as best friends. I'm not going to name them, but this is the scenario: Dude 1: I've known this guy for 22 years, since nursery school (we are/are turning 26 this year). We went to nursery, Infant, and Junior school together, lost touch for 5 years during secondary school (age 11-16), then met up by coincidence on the first day of sixth form college, and also went to Uni together on the same course. He is my best friend, we been through some crazy times together, like when we pretended we were gay so that a stalker-freak girl would leave me alone, and the time we got caught cheating at Uni, (which meant our mothers had to speak to each other, ending a 15 year feud)... Dude 2: Surprisingly, I've known this guy for just 11 months! His CV, and the CV of a Pak-Man were handed to me and a girl I work with. She said she didn't want us to hire the Pak "because all Paks are pervs", I wasn't bothered, so just to shut her up, I agreed with her and we asked our boss to hire Dude 2. He began working with me on my last birthday. It turned out that he had gone to the same university as me, had owned a shop near my house, and had lived near my shop. He also knew a lot of people I knew. We were in to the same kind of stuff too, so had a lot to talk about, and he was very supportive during what turned out to be a tough year. I think because at work, we have to sit together for 8 hours a day, we're bound to either become good friends, or kill each other. Dude 1 and Dude 2 don't really know each other that well, they've only met twice, but 6 of us are going on a lads holiday in 2 weeks, and they'll both be there... My 17 year old cousin is very close to me, but as he's family, he doesn't count...
Come on girls don't stalk , just use some insensitive words they will disappear you don't have to be pretend-gay.

My best buddy (1) Wing commander Shyam Sundar Thakur: Stationed in bangalore these days. (2) Ravi shekhar: Friend from under-grad days. Best person I happen to know, we used to run evening school for street kids in those days. Admire this guy's never say die attitude. These days he too is in bangalore. (3) Aditya Narain: Again class-mate from kanpur days. In california these days, married and soon to be father. PS: Photo posted in relevant thread one from my weding. Now I wear french style stub
No CC in the list ?:tounge_smile: