Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath

King

Plenty of chatter and never let a single moment go by boring. He sat through, read a lot of our posts on this forums. A lot of posts interested him and even spent time reading quite a bit. There is plenty to share but for now will hold it off and will pen when I find time. There was a time when he said he wanted to interact with you fellas but Ashes got a tad too interesting. Sri has said he will catch up again after about 3 days and I will then try to get him on the site with his comments on some of the issues. I may even create an alias for him to be on our forums. Srinath likes the quality of posts and the learned posters here. Rest assured he will be on our website more often than not. For now check out these couple of photos, am not too sure if I should post these photos on our public forums :roll:1.jpg2.jpg

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath

Ravi........is that you beside Sri ???
Yes TBP and guess what he wasn't bothered about your response about him at all. In fact he quite mentioned not to censor any posts and said he is used to all kinds of comments good and bad. You are one of the fellas I singled out to mention to Sri as you aren't an Indian you see (West Indian you are I mentioned). Sri was quite surprised to see the thread "Monty you beauty" come up in no time and was happy to see this website quite busy at all times.

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath Srinath came across as the same old person I have met over the years. In fact with age he has gotten better. Each time I see him I am surprised of the intellect side of him. Has a lot of knowledge in other fields too and if I can pick one cricketer for the young ones to follow Sri will be the one. Not just for cricketing talent but including conduct, knowledge and working towards a goal. There were plenty of gems from the few hours we spent and I think he can be very valuable for the team right now but unfortunately for India he is now not available. Sri spoke of expectations and the goals a cricketer/person should be setting in life. I will explain these in detail later, even guys like us in several different profession can learn fair bit from his approach to profession and life. As for the questions go, I printed them and gave it to him. He wondered who is IKP, he didn't know we use IKP for Pathan. Quite naturally he didn't want to comment anything on these. Sri is contractually bound and may not be able to answer a lot of these questions. He took a look at this thread of course, read it in detail and I did mention these are uncensored. The best part is he said these posts should not be censored and acknowledged a lot of guys think Sri didn't do enough in cricket. Sri has no problem with those views and was happy to read such posts. One word to say about his reaction to someone like TBP "Unbelievable". I did mention TBP to Srinath and Sri wasn't offended at all. Rather he said such views shouldn't be censored as they have their right to speak their mind about a particular player. A lot of these questions were answered but I cannot go into detail as they were all off record. Firstly he is contractually bound not to give away interviews at this point in time, secondly he mentioned he sees a lot of players every other day and it won?t be nice for him to make outright comments about a lot of cricketers. Sri asked me to still go ahead and mail these questions to him. Please don?t be offended if we don?t hear from him soon about these questions. Sri has had a look at the website and will be having a look now and then. Srinath was pretty keen to know if the ladies/Gals on our board discussed cricket??? Of course I mentioned our dear ladies on this forums are as keen as men when it comes to cricket. I singled out cricketing posts from Radhika to show the ladies on board here aren?t just the type ?Rahul Dravid is cute? (although Radhika sports a new Rahul Dravid signature every other day) and are concerned with Indian cricket. I will write in detail when time permits about other views he has on cricket in general (of course I can?t dwell into his responses on sensitive issues and I won?t either).

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath TBP let me rephrase it "I found Srinath's reaction unbeliavable at TBP's views of Srinath". Srinath was quite happy to acknowledge not everyone should say good things about him and that is quite sporting indeed.

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath

TBP let me rephrase it "I found Srinath's reaction unbeliavable at TBP's views of Srinath". Srinath was quite happy to acknowledge not everyone should say good things about him and that is quite sporting indeed.
That is the right attitude. Look at Shailesh for instance..............and I am not even annoyed ! :lol::lol::lol: