No DRS because Tendulkar afraid of Swann

The thing that some of the morons out there dont realize is that India, having been benefited by the usage of DRS on some occasions, especially in the semi-finals where Sachin got that let-off,still are reluctant to use it. I know some of you guys here do want India to go ahead with its usage but the point here is that inspite of DRS coming in to such help to us in the semi-final, still the long taken stand by Sachin and BCCI has not changed. So how does Sachin's reluctance to it refer to fear from a "kal ka launda" bowler like Swann? And either ways, when Sachin's on swansong, then he would make Grame Swann look like a sitting duck ;-)

I think 2 things need to happen to the DRS system before India accepts it. 1. Standardized DRS for all games with hotspot i.e DRS system shouldn't pick and choose technology based on the series or the unavailability of hot spot in some countries. 2. The decision should be taken away from the player. The logistics works if DRS is applied to all appeals by the 3rd umpire as soon as the replay is employed. The initial replays usually takes only a few seconds (which is normally what a bowler takes inbetween deliveries) and if there is a doubt the umpires could hold play till a verdict is reached. Most appeals are blatant out or not out.

If the fans here still cant make out there is something really deeply dark fishy with this DRS system then I am not sure how blatant the message has to be
:wall: Still so many conspiracy theories.. If there is something fishy then that vindicates BCCI's stand of opposing it.
Live in your fantasy conspiracy world
:wall: Still so many conspiracy theories.. If there is something fishy then that vindicates BCCI's stand of opposing it.
Nope.... All i am doing is believing in BCCI and our players then believing on Daily mail and Sun. BCCI is doing thing right.... Our players are doing everything right.... Can anyone explein here why British media, Cricket Analyst and experts are at top of their voice are calling for DRS. Its very easy to argue to the side of what British media wants... Look at my post number 10.. There also Brit author is saying that because of DRS , Sachin probably walked and hence right decision was achieved and will be achieved with DRS. He conveniently ignores the fact on same article Ponting managed to cheat purely because of DRS. All I see from the two articles is salesmans tactics of infuriating the buyer by questioning buyers financial status or motive. Next step I am hoping to see a lot of incorrect decisions coming against our batmen and bowlers just to build consensus among fans that DRS is needed. For me If you put CCTV crime will continue to happen but just away from the camera. Also DRS will justify cheating and kill whatever gentleman is left in the game. Behaviour of Ponting, Hussey will be excused. Swear words,spitting and nudging will be introduced. So for me keep the control with umpire.
Tremlett questions India's refusal of the DRS Chris Tremlett has given his full support to the Decision Review System and admitted he is mystified by the Board for Control of Cricket in India's unwillingness to allow the DRS to be used in India's upcoming series against England. "I am a fan of the system. If the technology is there it should be used," said Tremlett. "Who knows why they [india] don't want it involved. There have been a few decisions that have been rightly overturned and as a bowler you want those decisions given out. It's a fair way of doing things. I'm fully in agreement with it." The DRS was introduced in 2009 and the ICC's cricket committee recommended in May this year that technology ought to be incorporated in all forms of the game. While some teams have struggled to adapt to the system, England are one side who have begun to show the benefits of a canny referral despite their early teething problems on tours of West Indies and South Africa. DRS technology has been used without incident during the current Test series between England and Sri Lanka, and indeed Tremlett was one of the players to benefit from it when he removed Tillakaratne Dilshan after a referral during England's dramatic victory in the first Test at Cardiff. "It's something that we like to use and it should be used in every Test if the technology is there and it's a shame that they don't want DRS involved in the India series." Many of India's senior players, including Sachin Tendulkar and captain MS Dhoni, have been outspoken in their criticism of the DRS, however, and the BCCI have repeatedly stated that they are not satisfied with the accuracy of the technology used. "The hot spot has shown that it works. In Australia we had a few decisions correctly overturned,'' countered Tremlett. "It is very accurate. Sometimes there is a lot of noise around a Test match and an umpire might not hear a fine nick so it's an important thing to have. "Hawkeye is fair too so it'll be a shame. It has been a successful thing over the last six months." A win against Sri Lanka in the third Test at the Rose Bowl, which begins on Thursday, would lift the England team to joint-second with South Africa in the Test rankings and, with or without the DRS, Tremlett is confident that England can go on to beat India and rise to No. 1. "There's no reason why we can't win that series against India. This side is going from strength to strength and we're on a good winning streak at the moment. I'm fully confident that we can beat any side. "We had success against Australia but the next step is to beat the No. 1 side in the world. If we can beat them convincingly then we will deserve to be No. 1."
Can anyone explein here why British media, Cricket Analyst and experts are at top of their voice are calling for DRS. Its very easy to argue to the side of what British media wants...
Oh please. The entire cricketing world minus the BCCI wants DRS. It has nothing to do with the British media. Now, why do we want it? Cause it is better than the umps. Is it perfect? Probably not. Was bucknor perfect ? Is anyone other than Taufel or Aleem Dar even close to DRS? We have seen many of these guys being totally clueless. The DRS if at all is going to be marginally wrong in some cases. Big fecking deal.
Nope.... All i am doing is believing in BCCI and our players then believing on Daily mail and Sun. BCCI is doing thing right.... Our players are doing everything right.... Can anyone explein here why British media, Cricket Analyst and experts are at top of their voice are calling for DRS. Its very easy to argue to the side of what British media wants... Look at my post number 10.. There also Brit author is saying that because of DRS , Sachin probably walked and hence right decision was achieved and will be achieved with DRS. He conveniently ignores the fact on same article Ponting managed to cheat purely because of DRS. All I see from the two articles is salesmans tactics of infuriating the buyer by questioning buyers financial status or motive. Next step I am hoping to see a lot of incorrect decisions coming against our batmen and bowlers just to build consensus among fans that DRS is needed. For me If you put CCTV crime will continue to happen but just away from the camera. Also DRS will justify cheating and kill whatever gentleman is left in the game. Behaviour of Ponting, Hussey will be excused. Swear words,spitting and nudging will be introduced. So for me keep the control with umpire.
I am an Indian. I want UDRS. I can safely tell you that people posting in this thread and also those silent Sachin fans want it. To be fair, our seniors deserve this dressing down from the Brits. I hope we have another Sydney where these guys are given unfairly out on 99 in both inngs. Maybe that would change their mind. No sane man would deny UDRS, esp. if he hails from the country that was the cause of which the damn system came up.
Oh please. The entire cricketing world minus the BCCI wants DRS. It has nothing to do with the British media.
Really... Thats a bold statement. There is no backing to it. All I see is two most influential boards (ECB and CA) attempting to introduce DRS. And BCCI is only board who has stood up against them. AlsoThe very language in which a news is reported tells what media wants. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/13734520.stm Headline says- India veto use of review system in England Test series (It sound like DRS is must,perfect,ICC approved, BCCI has done a crime) Based on content Headline should have been-India still not satisfied/convinced with DRS or India still has its reservations over use of DRS or India did not accept DRS for bilateral series or Controversial DRS will not be used in bilateral series Can you see the difference?
I am an Indian. I want UDRS. I can safely tell you that people posting in this thread and also those silent Sachin fans want it. To be fair, our seniors deserve this dressing down from the Brits. I hope we have another Sydney where these guys are given unfairly out on 99 in both inngs. Maybe that would change their mind. No sane man would deny UDRS, esp. if he hails from the country that was the cause of which the damn system came up.
Boss I am a Indian too.I can afford to drive atleats M3 but I still use VW. I leave it on you to ponder on the reason? Apart from ethical aspects for me there is no competetor or path for entry of a competetor to the domain means a very dangerous situation of complete monopoly by the DRS and hence no real check on its pricing mechanism Similar thing is being used in Wimbledon, proposed as goal line technology for FIFA.. So we aint the reason for this technology... Believe me that we were either absent or last thing in their minds when they decided to develop it. English boards and players look so desparate to me that I wonder if they are also loosing something really big in the deal. And its definitely not fairness