No DRS because Tendulkar afraid of Swann

^ The thing is, BCCI surprisingly doesn't want to use Hot Spot too, because it is "costly". So what they mean is, DRS is bad because it is not accurate. Accurate technology like Hot Spot is bad because it is costly. Am I the only one who finds this unbelievable!

Probably what it means is that they wont pay for it. We aint a rich nation. We cant add unnecessary cost just to meet ICC standards. FIFA rejects goalline because it will hamper the development of football in poorer nations. Board is rich but cost is game driven, and we play too many games domestically.

India's leading Test runscorer Sachin Tendulkar, for example, has spent years kicking away deliveries from spinners, safe in the knowledge that he is unlikely to be given out. For this reason, the influential Indian Cricket Board will block a motion to make the technology mandatory when it is proposed at this month's ICC meeting in Hong Kong. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/cricket/article-23959415-india-decision-set-to-leave-graeme-swann-in-a-spin.do
It is BCCI decision, Not Sachin's This thread title is a biggest joke of the Decade. Sachin never afraid against any bowler, bowlers will afraid to bowl sachin. Swann never played enough tests against India which has strongest batting line up in Tests. Remember that UDRS was introduced by India against SL. Famous Muralidharan was played that series. Swann is not at all better player than Murali
How can we be the wingers' date=' the rest of the worlds sides are happy to use the technology, only India refuse[/quote'] Most of Indian people too want to use DRS in All formats. But Unfortunately BCCI is rejecting it first. Players cant' criticize the Board. Some of the players also wants to use DRS in all matches. Hotspot technology has to be introduced for exact decisions.

Chooja Swan has just played 30 games and till date and has been extremely lucky that he didnt played any test in testing condition. Like against Srilanka in Srilanka. Anti Ponting feeling in Aussie camp and player injuries and retirement due to IPL has helped him too. I think series against us will be where his average will start going towards Monty. I am sure that by the end of next Ashes, English will be looking for new spinner.

You can't shut them up..The bold thing would've been to take on the World and win by working withing the system instead of chickening out of the system..
I'm no fan of India's refusal to use the UDRS, as I've said elsewhere. But it has absolutely nothing to do with being "scared" of Swann and England. As for "taking on the world", we are the no.1 Test team and ODI world champions, so I'd suggest we're doing a pretty good job there.
Last time when I checed DRS wasnt ICC manadatory.... So Its system under review
Yes it's not mandatory but all the top teams use it. If you chicken out of the system, you'll give chance to other to belittle your achievements.. Why give chance to others? Winning (I doubt India will do well in this English tour and that'll give more ammunition to others to laugh at us) this way will not give you any satisfaction..
Yes it's not mandatory but all the top teams use it. If you chicken out of the system, you'll give chance to other to belittle your achievements.. Why give chance to others? Winning (I doubt India will do well in this English tour and that'll give more ammunition to others to laugh at us) this way will not give you any satisfaction..
People will allways find excuses. They are really good at relating things and twisting the language. Just in case my posts 41 on this thread puts some reason. We can live without this technology
People will allways find excuses. They are really good at relating things and twisting the language. Just in case my posts 41 on this thread puts some reason. We can live without this technology
We can't live without the technology as the Umpires and umpiring standards are going down at an alarming rate..ICC is not doing much in raising the umpiring standards and we are losing our right to question atrocious decisions because we don't approve the DRS. It's as if the umpires too are hell bent to "teach us a lesson"..So you don't want DRS? Okay, we'll keep on screwing you till you agree to have the DRS..
We can't live without the technology as the Umpires and umpiring standards are going down at an alarming rate..ICC is not doing much in raising the umpiring standards and we are losing our right to question atrocious decisions because we don't approve the DRS. It's as if the umpires too are hell bent to "teach us a lesson"..So you don't want DRS? Okay' date= we'll keep on screwing you till you agree to have the DRS..
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You clearly didn't watch much cricket in the 80s and 90s. The umpiring has improved out of sight.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You clearly didn't watch much cricket in the 80s and 90s. The umpiring has improved out of sight.
:(( I'm not talking about 80s and 90s.. :headshake: I've noticed that in past few years the Umpiring standard has gone down.. Even top umpires have started giving shocking verdicts recently.. I think the umpiring fraternity is moreso resigned to the fact about UDRs. They are not trying hard as they know the DRS it there on top of them..