Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

you may want to start off by defining what do you consider as truly fast bowling. To me Steyn is a fast bowler ' date=' as are Shoaibr, Malinga, Bond , Brett Lee , Waqar and such bowlers. So unless you are going to claim that Darren Sammy and Praveen Kumar as Fast bowlers there is no way those guys can qualify as "Fast" bowlers.[/quote'] Unsurprisingly, you have only mentioned bowlers from a particular era. Definitely, these people are fast but so were Lillee, Thompson, Holding, Garner and Lindwall/Tyson. If Cricinfo lists Tyson & Lindwall as fast, I believe them and not some coffee table experts trying to conveniently suit their argument. NOM, but I'm not sure if people clicked on those links and saw their listings.
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=38954 Why don't you tell me which of the bowlers you see in there is bowling in the 90MPH range ?
Wow! You think one video is enough to prove your point? I can post one video with Afridi bowling bouncers. Would that prove he's a fast bowler? Cricinfo lists Tyson and Lindwall both as Right Arm Fast. I'm not sure why I shouldn't believe them. FYI, they don't list Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar and Darren Sammy as fast.
Wow! You think one video is enough to prove your point? I can post one video with Afridi bowling bouncers. Would that prove he's a fast bowler? Cricinfo lists Tyson and Lindwall both as Right Arm Fast. I'm not sure why I shouldn't believe them. FYI, they don't list Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar and Darren Sammy as fast.
Take any video from Britishpathe, the bowlers look the same approx. But I am thinking why CricInfo lists them as "fast". May be they are wrong? What do they know more than us for e.g. as the site has been there only since last few years.
Take any video from Britishpathe' date=' the bowlers look the same approx. But I am thinking why CricInfo lists them as "fast". May be they are wrong? What do they know more than us for e.g. as the site has been there only since last few years.[/quote'] Unfortunately, that's unfair. You wouldn't find even Holding, Marshall fast then! One must take into account the quality of the video. Don Bradman was repeatedly knocked out by Harold Larwood in the bodyline series. He considered Larwood, Lindwall, Tyson as "fast". Richie Benaud lists Lindwall as "fast". These greats had the pleasure of watching cricket across all generations. If they say someone's fast, they are because they faced them in nets, club matches and international matches. You can't doubt the credibility of Cricinfo!
Trying hard to prove your idiotry ? Downloading the original video and playing it in a better player was your own freakin idea ... you even offered to help remember ? :laugh:http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1545796&postcount=76
Ab rona nahin phir se. Here you go - from Final Cut Pro (the software used by professional movie makers) - Lindwall bowls at more than 140 kmph and gets the ball from one end to the other in less than 0.47 seconds. This is from the video you had mailed me. EDIT : And this is just the travel speed - the release speed which is measured by modern speed guns is going to be much quicker. Easily 150+ kmph bowler.
you want another ... sure here you go : http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=83740
I'm not sure with your inference on video on some site (whose quality os pathetic mind you) is more credible than Don Bradman, Richie Benaud, Dennis Lillee, Gary Sobers and Cricinfo. Here's a video which proves Afridi bowls fast : http://youtu.be/_6PFPAjSMwg Cricinfo lists him as Leg-Break Googly bowler : http://es.pn/omZgVk
Ab rona nahin phir se. Here you go - from Final Cut Pro (the software used by professional movie makers) - Lindwall bowls at more than 140 kmph and gets the ball from one end to the other in less than 0.47 seconds. This is from the video you had mailed me. EDIT : And this is just the travel speed - the release speed which is measured by modern speed guns is going to be much quicker. Easily 150+ kmph bowler.
Wow! This great analysis. Good to see people recognize and understand speed, quality of video and take into account everything rather than just jumping the gun. :cheer:
And by the way since it has become a norm here to mix up ODI's and Tests with the word "International" attached to it in the name of showing which ever player one would prefer as good and make their point without realizing the folly in that sort of an exercise. In the similar lines I too was curious and wanted to see and make a like for like comparison which would be combining the 3 or 4 day games and Tests which are pretty much the same format unlike Tests and ODI's that are as distinctly different as chalk and cheese. So if we use that basis and look at the records of SRT and Viv in FC cricket here is what we have. SRT - 23585 Runs and 78 Centuries Viv - 36212 Runs and 114 Centuries So SRT at this point is trailing Viv by about 13000 runs and 36 Centuries. I seriously doubt if SRT can catch up with Viv in the total number of runs and Centuries. However as a hardcore SRT fan I would want to see him bridge that gap and come as close to Viv as possible.
No takers. Sab ki Bolti Bandh especially the ones who want to have a cocktail mix of Tests and ODI's just to arrange stats as they please.
Because I prefer to trust my own eyes. Have you heard the concept of embellishment ? For example if someone in the media asks Tendulkar to comment on Inzamam he will say some very kind words ... doesn't really mean anything. But feel free to tell me how that video is showing a 90MPH bowler as though he is 75MPH bowler.
I wonder why Bradman chose just a handful to be kind. Looks like the others didn't suck up to him. Also, I don't understand why Cricinfo has to be nice for someone. I probably don't understand embellishment but some people definitely don't understand credibility or science. Anyways, The Outsider has decently answered your question scientifically unlike posting something which reads : "My eyes are a hawk. I can measure speed of light from eyes". I wish we all follow his first few words : Rona Mat!
Not to speak of Namibia's, Kenya's etc etc of the world that make up for like 75-85 odd so called "International" games. Hey let us not touch up on some raw nerves here. I say let things be as they are and just marvel at all those "International" runs without getting into the details of them.
how did you arrive at a timing of 0.47 based on those screen shots ? One timer on top left has not changed (meaning that Lindwall bowls at the speed of light !! ) the other has a difference of 0.17 seconds which will put him in the 373 KMPH range and if you go by the clock from BritishPathe player itself it gives you 0.67 seconds that puts him in Anil Kumble range ?
The one on the right has a ticker of 30 per second - do the Math. It's simple enough - Lindwall was a 150+ kmph bowler. As for the BritishPathe player, I have already shown Lindwall to be a 200 kmph bowler based on that unless if have forgotten.
Not to speak of Namibia's' date=' Kenya's etc etc of the world that make up for like 75-85 odd so called "International" games. Hey let us not touch up on some raw nerves here. I say let things be as they are and just marvel at all those "International" runs without getting into the details of them.[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: