Let's talk about the DRS

champ

I think many have forgotten this discussion we had on Hotspot earlier this year: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=202793&highlight=Hotspot+cameras I am not sure whether there is any substantial change to this situation, however back in Jan there were only 4 hotspot cameras in the world all located in Oz.
There is an article in CricInfo regarding this ---- Interesting to note: 1. Hot spot cameras require military clearance, yes, military clearance. 2. There are only a handful of firms in the world who have the knowhow to make these cameras.
I believe there is a wrong presumption going around that India is not going for the UDRS because they had a bad experience with it against SL. The team and its captain have gone on record saying that they do not believe technology is there yet to be used at Test level. How much more clear can it get?! And to the various technology proponents - did you know that Hawkeye's special motion-sensitive cameras are placed at 6 (if I remember right) different positions along the perimeter of the ground and that these positions change with every venue?! One more thing for you to consider. Triangulation is the method used in charting the path of the ball. Having equitable conditions everywhere is next to impossible as far as Hawkeye is concerned.
technology is same for both teams . Even if tech is not tested both teams have same results.End of the day decisions will be same as shown on TV LIVE which was used by millions. Right or wrong nobody will feel cheated.end of day what we want is a good result without controversies :)
Does it matter whether they use it or not? Its just for the viewers. It is not even part of the UDRS. BTW does anybody know if Nimbus is stull producing the pictures for this game, Nimbus only won the 4 year broadcasting rights, I'vent ready anywhere that they also won the Production rights.I did read that the TWG & Nimbus had both bid for the production, but the decision on awarding production hadn't yet ben made. In previous years I've seen every now and then the commentators mention that it was a Nimbus production, can't recall seeing that in this match. Even the score card & graphics have in this match are completely different color scheme then the one Nimbus used to have.
If I'm not wrong Nimbus Communications owns Neo channels. Surprised to hear TWI also bid for the productions rights. Why would Neo do that?
If I'm not wrong Nimbus Communications owns Neo channels. Surprised to hear TWI also bid for the productions rights. Why would Neo do that?
Apparently BCCI sold the broadcasting rights and production rights separately. Nimbus won the broadasting rights. i.e they will broadcast in India & also have the contracts with other broadcasters all around the world.
There is an article in CricInfo regarding this ---- Interesting to note: 1. Hot spot cameras require military clearance, yes, military clearance. 2. There are only a handful of firms in the world who have the knowhow to make these cameras.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1121028&postcount=16 The Hotspot cameras are made to order and need to be order atleast some 6 months before hand, they are not an off the shelf product.
Even if UDRS is introduced what will we do about the 3rd umpires? Dhoni dismissal Rings a bell?
Yes, such 3rd umpire mess may happen. But they will be lesser in number than the current howlers. So, even with such a possibility, having UDRS will help. And hopefully the TV umpiring will improve with time as well. We have to start somewhere. BCCI must start using this now. Its really shameful that good inside edges are adjudicated as LBW. The quality of ICC Elite panel umpires is really poor, and I dont see that changing.

I was looking at the highlights again. Horrible, Horrible umpiring. Look at the number of LBWs they denied when India bowled. (And the one they did give, Hussey was not out). And then Gambhir. Its all chaos. cricketonlinetv. com/ day-4-australia-vs-india-1st-test-mohali/ [Remove the spaces when you view]