Emerging Players tournament, 2011

This isn't to discredit him and I think if he played Tests' date=' he'd do ok. But I mean, he has a good straight bouncer and bowls the corridor of uncertainty with a bit of bounce. You'll get exponentially more success especially in domestic limited overs, with that, than in ODIs. For an average batsman, what he bowls is probably very difficult whereas the higher level batsmen probably often cope with that sorta thing without much difficulty.[/quote'] Agree with your post.I dont know whats his stock ball is ,he bowls pretty straight most of the times I have seen him bowl.You need some stock ball to trouble batsmen at intl. level. P.S: You got good fast bowling knowledge :hatsoff:

Just a quick glance through the AIS line up at that one dayer suggest the average age of that side is 21-22 maybe.. Holland is 24, the rest seem to be 20 for the most part. Comparatively the Indian team is a lot older and much more experienced- Rayudu and Dhawan are 24/25. Vinay Kumar is a 27 yr old bowling at kids. Really they should be owning these guys. Shows the flaw in selections though, our guys seem to take this as effectively a sub-A team, whereas it probably should be more of the U 19 side players and early 20's-ish players feeding the emerging players squad

Just a quick glance through the AIS line up at that one dayer suggest the average age of that side is 21-22 maybe.. Holland is 24, the rest seem to be 20 for the most part. Comparatively the Indian team is a lot older and much more experienced- Rayudu and Dhawan are 24/25. Vinay Kumar is a 27 yr old bowling at kids. Really they should be owning these guys. Shows the flaw in selections though, our guys seem to take this as effectively a sub-A team, whereas it probably should be more of the U 19 side players and early 20's-ish players feeding the emerging players squad
Yeah, NZ have also picked several players with international experience.
Agree with your post.I dont know whats his stock ball is ,he bowls pretty straight most of the times I have seen him bowl.You need some stock ball to trouble batsmen at intl. level. P.S: You got good fast bowling knowledge :hatsoff:
Also, he is getting new ball here and new ball mostly helps him with his style of bowling which is bowling straight and then it nibbles in and out from there. He will have difficulties with the older ball or if he bowls first change. Look at Yadav, took the wicket of their best batsman Glen Maxwell in two consecutive matches now and Aaron who bowled third and second change because they have pace so team prefers them to bowl with the old ball but I think this is a wrong theory. Quicker bowlers like Aaaron might be much more effective with the new ball if they hit right areas.
But most of these guys play FC or ODD or T20 cricket. In India, we do not have many such players to make a 15-16 squad. All AIS players are considered to be potential Australian caps and are picked from State teams and trains at Center of Excellence at Brisbane. Then we should have an NCA team like this.
Also' date=' he is getting new ball here and new ball mostly helps him with his style of bowling which is bowling straight and then it nibbles in and out from there. He will have difficulties with the older ball or if he bowls first change. Look at Yadav, took the wicket of their best batsman Glen Maxwell in two consecutive matches now and Aaron who bowled third and second change because they have pace so team prefers them to bowl with the old ball but I think this is a wrong theory. Quicker bowlers like Aaaron might be much more effective with the new ball if they hit right areas.[/quote'] I just wonder whether varun wanted bowl with old ball. Old ball is easy to grip and i remember allan donald always wanted to bowl with a semi new ball. I wonder if thats the case with varun. Maybe vinay is given importance because he has played for indian team already.
I just wonder whether varun wanted bowl with old ball. Old ball is easy to grip and i remember allan donald always wanted to bowl with a semi new ball. I wonder if thats the case with varun. Maybe vinay is given importance because he has played for indian team already.
Vinay is experienced and is good bowler though not really an international standard, but he uses his experience and skills well. He assesses the batsman and bowl accordingly, does not try to strive for pace and bowl wicket to wicket and moves it in and out. This comes with experience. Temperament becomes better with experience. New young pacers with some pace try to many things forget the basics which is to ball straight on around good length and try too many things like bouncers, cutters. The best delivery for pacer is straight on off stump which has most type of dismissals a batsman can have like caught behind, LBW, clean bowled, caught in the field. Other deliveries will have less options to get the batsman out and Vinay Kumar understands this and does this really well that is why he gets so many wickets in FC. If Ishant can learn this and bowl consistently at that place like Vinay does, with his talent and height, he can be menacing on any surface, but he gets short and wide most of the times. Same is the case with Varun Aaron and Yadav. They both can move the ball away from the batsman in favorable conditions. Pace alone does not get you wickets every time and they do not need to go for express pace like 150K or something if they cannot control it. If they can easily bowl around 140K and with control and movement, they will be handy. They need to have combination of both pace and movement.
Vinay is experienced and is good bowler though not really an international standard, but he uses his experience and skills well. He assesses the batsman and bowl accordingly, does not try to strive for pace and bowl wicket to wicket and moves it in and out. This comes with experience. Temperament becomes better with experience. New young pacers with some pace try to many things forget the basics which is to ball straight on around good length and try too many things like bouncers, cutters. The best delivery for pacer is straight on off stump which has most type of dismissals a batsman can have like caught behind, LBW, clean bowled, caught in the field. Other deliveries will have less options to get the batsman out and Vinay Kumar understands this and does this really well that is why he gets so many wickets in FC. If Ishant can learn this and bowl consistently at that place like Vinay does, with his talent and height, he can be menacing on any surface, but he gets short and wide most of the times. Same is the case with Varun Aaron and Yadav. They both can move the ball away from the batsman in favorable conditions. Pace alone does not get you wickets every time and they do not need to go for express pace like 150K or something if they cannot control it. If they can easily bowl around 140K and with control and movement, they will be handy. They need to have combination of both pace and movement.
I agree vinay is not an international product. He is good at the first class level, but i dont wanna see him in blue jersey again. I was just saying vinay was given importance because he has played for india and once u do that, the indian A team gives importance to them inspite of their failure at the international level, i remember venugopal rao was made indian A team captain although he failed miserably at the international level. Same with shikhar dhawan, He has been given the captaincy because he has played for india once or twice.
http://livescores.cricket.com.au/scoreboard_2639_2.html, Day one, India bowled South Africa for under 270. Umesh yadav/ Iqbal Abdulla bowling well. I remember iqbal abdulla has a 150 to his name, he can be a bit of a allrounder, if he develops his skills well, he is a good bowler for sure, better than Ravindra Jadeja. But jadeja is a better batsman, specially now with his biceps giving him more strength. Umesh yadav, might make it to the indian team, if he keeps bowling well, 6 maiden overs, is a good stat, he is usually wayward in the shorter format, but in the londer format, he can be a impact bowler. Hopefully Varun aaron picks some more wickets, or atleast develop new skills to compliment his pace.

So the three day game has begun. EI is playing with SA and on Day 1 they bowled them out for 259 in 86.1 over. Most impressive bowler seems to be Iqbal Abdullah from the scorecard who claimed 3 top and middle order wickets for 70 runs in 24 overs. Ind Emerging v SA Emerging at Brisbane - Aug 1-3

Unfortunately like previous years, this year the matches are not covered live on the CA site and it is very difficult to assume what happened and how going just by the scorecard! There are no match reports of Day one one too. It seems no one is bothered here. Anyway, After bowling, India quickly lost 2 wickets, one of Cheeka Jnr and another of Rahane, both going for 8 runs each. Dhawan and Tiwari are at the crease!
http://livescores.cricket.com.au/scoreboard_2639_2.html, Day one, India bowled South Africa for under 270. Umesh yadav/ Iqbal Abdulla bowling well. I remember iqbal abdulla has a 150 to his name, he can be a bit of a allrounder, if he develops his skills well, he is a good bowler for sure, better than Ravindra Jadeja. But jadeja is a better batsman, specially now with his biceps giving him more strength. Umesh yadav, might make it to the indian team, if he keeps bowling well, 6 maiden overs, is a good stat, he is usually wayward in the shorter format, but in the londer format, he can be a impact bowler. Hopefully Varun aaron picks some more wickets, or atleast develop new skills to compliment his pace.
Yadav and Aaron both bowled well. Vinay kumar took 3 wickets, but 2 of them were tail end wickets.
Yadav and Aaron both bowled well. Vinay kumar took 3 wickets' date=' but 2 of them were tail end wickets.[/quote'] Hopefully one of them makes it to the indian team, who desperately needs some support for Ishant, in the pace department. Only by playing in the team, will they have exposure.
Hopefully one of them makes it to the indian team' date=' who desperately needs some support for Ishant, in the pace department. Only by playing in the team, will they have exposure.[/quote'] I want both of them to progress to next level as soon as possible and be successful. Both can be very handy. Yesterday, i listened to Maninder Singh Bedi on CNN-IBN, he said Rahul Shukla is another guy he has seen in domestic cricket who can hit 150K . Shukla is Aaron's team mate and is also in Mumbai Indians development squad and Maninder worked with the Mumbai Indian's players before the IPL. Maninder was in the studio after India lost the test. He said we have 3 fast bowlers in India who can bowl 150K Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, and Rahul Shukla and BCCI must groom them, but they have no planning. According to me, BCCI must start a special program to find and groom genuine fast bowlers.
I want both of them to progress to next level as soon as possible and be successful. Both can be very handy. Yesterday, i listened to Maninder Singh Bedi on CNN-IBN, he said Rahul Shukla is another guy he has seen in domestic cricket who can hit 150K . Shukla is Aaron's team mate and is also in Mumbai Indians development squad and Maninder worked with the Mumbai Indian's players before the IPL.
AWESOME TO HEAR ABOUT SHUKLA!!!!!!!!!!!!. I'm loving it. Thanks for the input man. I was desperate to hear something about Rahul Shukla. If you can find the clip on youtube pls post it Dude. Want to see this guy in Action ASAP. Also seeing from his record, he can Bat a bit too. Has a 50 to his name. Even AAron manages to Blast Sixes.
I want both of them to progress to next level as soon as possible and be successful. Both can be very handy. Yesterday, i listened to Maninder Singh Bedi on CNN-IBN, he said Rahul Shukla is another guy he has seen in domestic cricket who can hit 150K . Shukla is Aaron's team mate and is also in Mumbai Indians development squad and Maninder worked with the Mumbai Indian's players before the IPL.
I want them all to progress too. However, i think they are probably still at least a year away from test cricket. From what i have seen of Yadav i'm not sure he will be international class. Do you genuinely think he can trouble international quality batsman? Can he swing the ball or move it off the seam? Pace is not enough.
I want them all to progress too. However' date=' i think they are probably still at least a year away from test cricket. From what i have seen of Yadav i'm not sure he will be international class. Do you genuinely think he can trouble international quality batsman? Can he swing the ball or move it off the seam? Pace is not enough.[/quote'] I can say he has the Quality!!. Absolutely. He lacks in Control and Bounce. But accuracy can only be achieved with Practice & the will to learn, which i believe he can attain by playing more often and on different conditions. I remember agarkar, was shorter in height, also use to go for runs. Umesh is quicker than Agarkar at his best in the late 90's. Also i've seen him bowl outswingers & yorkers, at Pace for a brief period, which indicates, he can do it more regularly with practice.
I saw a match in which Yadav was smashed by uthappa on neo cricket ranji trophy.
Well in the same match he had troubled and Beat lot of Karnataka batsman for pace. Uthappa smashed him because of his Waywardness. 5 bowls on Uthappa's Neckline, and he would be dancing around. The pitch obviously did not allow that to happen. Would be interesting to see Uthappa against Umesh in Australia/South Africa. The lines you would use is Umesh Smashed uthappas toes/helmet/wrist. whatever. Bottom line.the pitches in domestic matches SUCK. Do not judge him there.