Emerging Players tournament, 2011

Fast bowlers: Vinay Kumar Sudeep Tyagi Jaydev Unadkat Pankaj Singh Umesh Yadav Deepak Chahar Varun Aaron Dhawal Kulkarni Bhuvnesh Kumar
Unadkat and Aaron need at least one good Ranji Trophy season before they can be considered on the fringes of selection. Of course, Unadkat was gifted a Test cap, but I'd think most of us would agree that was a mistake. Chahar is also yet to prove he is not a one season wonder - I'd suspect someone who swings the ball as much as he does well always get wickets though, but I'd doubt he will ever have much pace if his main weapon is massive amounts of swing. If he could get up to bowling consistently at 130kph (which, as far as I'm aware, he is 5-10kph short of, most of the time) then he could be a good prospect. Yadav is still also a little short of fully proving himself domestically. I'd be interested to know what your views on Kulkarni are. He has had a quiet last couple years, but has not done too badly, just seems to have played in pacer unfriendly conditions a lot of the time so has not got many overs. Having watched him bowl, he does seem Test quality to me. He has a good controlled action, enough pace and gets a bit of bounce and seam.
Unadkat and Aaron need at least one good Ranji Trophy season before they can be considered on the fringes of selection. Of course, Unadkat was gifted a Test cap, but I'd think most of us would agree that was a mistake. Chahar is also yet to prove he is not a one season wonder - I'd suspect someone who swings the ball as much as he does well always get wickets though, but I'd doubt he will ever have much pace if his main weapon is massive amounts of swing. If he could get up to bowling consistently at 130kph (which, as far as I'm aware, he is 5-10kph short of, most of the time) then he could be a good prospect. Yadav is still also a little short of fully proving himself domestically. I'd be interested to know what your views on Kulkarni are. He has had a quiet last couple years, but has not done too badly, just seems to have played in pacer unfriendly conditions a lot of the time so has not got many overs. Having watched him bowl, he does seem Test quality to me. He has a good controlled action, enough pace and gets a bit of bounce and seam.
He is one for domestic cricket, he does not have international standard pace, and one who does not have pace should have swing, he does not have both.
He is one for domestic cricket' date=' he does not have international standard pace, and one who does not have pace should have swing, he does not have both.[/quote'] He seems to be over 130kph more often than not... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Coued0eNaw]Dhawal Kulkarni to Michael Lumb - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
Kulkarni to Faiz Fazal - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
Kulkarni to Aditya Dole - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
Kulkarni to Abhishek Jhunjhunwala - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
Kulkarni to Faiz Fazal - YouTube[/ame] But then it is possible, as for most bowlers, that he is quickest in T20.
he looks good. best thing is, he has a good uncomplicated action and can move the ball. Instead of Vinay, he should have been in emerging tournament. He did bowl at a good pace in IPL, but if he needs to show it in domestic cricket. He can still improve on his action which will help him improve his action. he does not have much forward jump while delivering the ball like Styen has. his action looks similar to Steyn.
he looks good. best thing is, he has a good uncomplicated action and can move the ball. Instead of Vinay, he should have been in emerging tournament. He did bowl at a good pace in IPL, but if he needs to show it in domestic cricket. He can still improve on his action which will help him improve his action. he does not have much forward jump while delivering the ball like Styen has. his action looks similar to Steyn.
Absolutely not, he looks more like a slower version of Dwane Bravo to me.

WTF is happening to you folks , can't you find any other bowler to discuss except Kulkarni. Damn!! , we can't get over some things. He is a nobody and would stay a domestic bully. Bringing bowl in and out, that's all crap for a bowler like him. Munaf is a better seamer than him. Munaf is faster than him, Munaf is taller than him. If Munaf has not set the Stage on fire, what makes you think he can??