Emerging Players tournament, 2011

Team:  Shikhar Dhawan (capt), Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt), Anirudha Srikkanth, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Manoj Tiwary, Ashok Menaria, CM Gautam, Ambati Rayudu, Bhargav Bhatt, Iqbal Abdulla, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, R Vinay Kumar, Jaidev Unadkat. Coach: Bharat Arun.
These are the players to watch out. Rahane has a terrific domestic record, lets see if he backs that up in over-seas conditions too. Whereas Aaron and Yadav can't get a better place than this to showcase their talent.
Loosely translates to "quota selection" as in nepotism. He's Srikkanth's (chief selector) son and got in coz his dad asked his name to be added even though he averages just 29 in FC cricket and isn't even in his state team and there are players averaging in 50s who were left out.
I seem to remember a certain IPL coach who got a lot of heat for playing his underperforming son To be honest I'm more interested in Dharwan's performance. He seems like a real up and comer I wonder who we'll be sending?
I seem to remember a certain IPL coach who got a lot of heat for playing his underperforming son To be honest I'm more interested in Dharwan's performance. He seems like a real up and comer I wonder who we'll be sending?
He's the same player. He got into the IPL team as Srikkanth is also a stakeholder of Chennai SuperKings and got his son into the IPL team for a few games but he had to be dropped as he didn't perform.
Srikkanth' date=' Dhawan, U-mad-kat and Koomar shouldn't really be there. Do any of them really look like players with potential to have a successful international career?[/quote'] Pls don't club others with Srikkanth. We may not agree with the squad selction but at least all the players other than Srikkanth did something to get there. Srikkanth's sole reason for selection is that his father is the chief selector.

Too bad that two really promising players injured - Rahul Sharma and Sreenath Aravind. The worrying aspect though is all these players have played in IPL and so their mindset is throw their bats around and stop runs rather than play a long innings or get wickets.