Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

Doing what ? He bowled like 10 overs in 5 days and get injured :orderorder:. Anyway Im glad that now someone will get a chance
Don't bet on it. Even a half-fit Bhajji might play. He's been in the team the last 6 years without doing anything much of note, so who knows. Just before the match, he may put up a show of being fit and get into the team.

Bhajji is the biggest fraud to ever happen to indian cricket. He has managed to hoodwink all constituencies in indian cricket - the board, the fans, fellow players, captains, etc for years. He has created an impression of invincibility around himself - that he can never be dropped cause he is a "world class bowler". The guy has barely ever been even amongst the top 5 spinners in test cricket in any portion of the era he has played in. Apart from Aus & SA today, pretty much every other test playing nation has a better spinner than Bhajji. I'd take Mohammad Hafeez and even Randiv over him. And the likes of Ajmal just PWN him outright.

To be fair even Swann has been pretty useless. I'm not saying Bhajji has bowled well enough but he needs the pitch to assist him. On a pitch that offers him turn and bounce he can be devastating but on pitches like this you need bowlers who can bowl to the field. Bhajji opts to bowl flat and surprisingly he doesn't have many variations either. I think he's too predictable. Not sure why he has ditched the arm balls or doosras he used to bowl.

:hysterical: Really? How is that story even related to our present situation? Are you seriously drawing parallels between the life-saving mongoose and Harbhajan Singh, of all people? If so, I'd like to know which metaphorical baby he's saved and which metaphorical snake he's killed of late.

He has lot of friends not only in the team but also in the media hence we are put to the torture! He's playing the injury card, cowardly act..one not befitting a sardar! pls don't chase me under_score :fear:
Dude, bhajji has been a champion player for india in pressure situations on numerous occasions. he is a fighter, would never feign an injury. Also, he deserved to be selected in playing XI for first two test matches because of his experience and abilities to perform(with ball and bat) when needed the most. the other spinner in the squad (mishra) didnt even have a decent practice match(against somerset).
Dude, bhajji has been a champion player for india in pressure situations on numerous occasions. he is a fighter, would never feign an injury. Also, he deserved to be selected in playing XI for first two test matches because of his experience and abilities to perform(with ball and bat) when needed the most. the other spinner in the squad (mishra) didnt even have a decent practice match(against somerset).
Yeah and Bhajji never played that practice match. In fact he used these two Tests as his practice games and will now play the 3rd and 4th Test after giving them a 2-0 lead, seriously. Yes he wont be dropped in either of the Test.