Injury/Fitness update in England series so far.....

^ Not really. Regardless of people saying Dravid likes to bat at no. 3, whenever he has turned up to open, he has done well. and Laxman too has done well on no. 3 Yes, it's bit different, but I think with the kind of experience our batters have had over the years, we can't give an excuse of losing a match because our batting order was changed. Everyone has to bat one order up. As simple as that. Yes, it's easier said than done, but again, these guys have been playing cricket from over 15 years. They have played during 75th-85th over where the ball changes from old to a brand new one. They are far more xperienced than even someone like Gambhir who has been one of our best bat in recent past. LET'S JUST BELIEVE AND MOVE ON. WE HAVE IT IN US TO WIN FROM ANY SITUATION. WE ARE THAT GOOD.

We'll be fine. Trent Bridge does not produce many centurions or high scores so it's mostly going to depend on the bowlers anyway. I would seriously think about 4 pacers with Yuvraj/Raina chipping in 15-18 overs to spell them. It's going to be up to Sree/PK/Ishant to make full use of the conditions while Munaf does his usual job on containing one end. Then all we need is for one of our middle order to individually dominate their bowling. It's no different than what England have to do. They have the far more settled side but I expect our guys to come out fighting.

^ Not really. Regardless of people saying Dravid likes to bat at no. 3, whenever he has turned up to open, he has done well. and Laxman too has done well on no. 3 Yes, it's bit different, but I think with the kind of experience our batters have had over the years, we can't give an excuse of losing a match because our batting order was changed. Everyone has to bat one order up. As simple as that. Yes, it's easier said than done, but again, these guys have been playing cricket from over 15 years. They have played during 75th-85th over where the ball changes from old to a brand new one. They are far more xperienced than even someone like Gambhir who has been one of our best bat in recent past. LET'S JUST BELIEVE AND MOVE ON. WE HAVE IT IN US TO WIN FROM ANY SITUATION. WE ARE THAT GOOD.
Wel you are being very positive as always but to me Dravid(who looked like one of our inform batsman last game) opening is a big risk,thats why I will be happier if Gauti plays this game.Anyways lets hope any 11 that we field helps us win.

Might be just the lucky break India needs after going through all the misfortunes during last test. Also Broad being Broad, I expect him to get back to his normal style and spray the ball all around at Trent Bridge.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just some mind game to throw India off balance or something, but even if Tremlett is unable to play I don't think England will have its knickers in a twist. There was so much hullabaloo about Tremlett and his ability to run down an opposition's batting prior to our guys going there, but it was the other bowlers who ended up doing well on their day. I think he's hyped.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just some mind game to throw India off balance or something' date=' but even if Tremlett is unable to play I don't think England will have its knickers in a twist. There was so much hullabaloo about Tremlett and his ability to run down an opposition's batting prior to our guys going there, but it was the other bowlers who ended up doing well on their day. I think he's hyped.[/quote'] Tremlett get steepling bounce off good hard pitches, something that even the best batsmen don't like. He bowled well at Lords and I think he was largely responsible for the loose wickets that fell to Anderson. It often happens that the tightest most threatening bowler forces the batsmen to try and score off the other bowlers and they get the wickets, just look at flintoff's career

Newspapers saying that Bresnan will replace Tremlett After Tremletts very tentitive net on Thurday, it is said that he will be replaced by Tim Bresnan. Personally I see that as far better than Finn. Bresnan is an economy bowler who also takes wickets, he bowls a heavy ball. Fo this test he may have even played for Tremlett on rotation. Discuss

England will miss Tremlett. Bresnan is a good ODI bowler with a good slower delivery and yorker but I havent seen much of him in Tests. Not sure how effective he is.
He was very effective in Austalia, although they are a far weaker side than yours (I love saying that:hysterical:) On home conditions and with your team needing to score big runs to win and level the series, I think he is a better choice than the greener Finn