Lords test 2011 : Predictions and discussion

If you have watched test cricket long enough you should know by now that all 11 players are not going to turn in top performances every game. I could also counter by saying India was a bowler short and without our star opener.
You can say what you like, the fact is we can only bowl at the players on the pitch on the day. Englands bowlers were well below par, I watch them all the time and believe me the only bowler who bowled well was Broad
Indians like to give opponents a head start in each away series. Its because, as the big brother of cricket, they feel, its their responsibility to let others teams feel that they belong. Don't fret though, Indians will be leaving with the trophy regardless.
No side gives another a head start, that is ridiculous
Guest Gunner
You can say what you like, the fact is we can only bowl at the players on the pitch on the day. Englands bowlers were well below par, I watch them all the time and believe me the only bowler who bowled well was Broad
And I am telling you that Indian batting was well below par having watched the game as well. Believe me the only batsman who batted well was Dravid. We have this test and 3 more, let us see who gets to par quicker. :winky::winky:

People often forget that sports is for entertainment of people.India is such a big cricket crazy country That so many people want to go and see live entertaining cricket matches.It is not possible for BCCI to hold so many international level matches at many grounds of India too frequently ,so we need tournament like IPL . As far injuries are concerned It is upto the players how they keep themselves fit

Guest Gunner
Harsha Bhogle mentioned it the other day how the journalism for this tour in England has been utter trash (Well not in those words)
It is not trash. England is a well oiled PR machine, they are using the strength of their media to put India under pressure. This is mainly possible because they know that many Indians read the English media. Do you think it would have worked for example with a non-English speaking country like Pakistan?
Haha' date=' are you serious? Who do you support?[/quote'] As some one already pointed out I support SL a bit. B-> But I am a bigger supporter of the sport of cricket though, and quite frankly India does not deserve to be number one after abysmal performances in WI and now this performance. I am not a blind troll , I am not saying SL should be number 1. They are fine wherever they are now ( 5 or something?B->). But SA and Eng deserve to be number one much more than this hyped up Indian lineup. :hatsoff:
Guest Gunner
As some one already pointed out I support SL a bit. B-> But I am a bigger supporter of the sport of cricket though, and quite frankly India does not deserve to be number one after abysmal performances in WI and now this performance. I am not a blind troll , I am not saying SL should be number 1. They are fine wherever they are now ( 5 or something?B->). But SA and Eng deserve to be number one much more than this hyped up Indian lineup. :hatsoff:
Other than your obvious kowtowing to the western nations, what about the Eng or the SA or in this case both seem to be the same to me leads you to believe that one of them should be No.1? I can't see either of them having done anything exceptional other than Eng beating a weak sissy oz team 3-1.

So if England beats India at home, they're number 1 but if India does the same to any side, we're a home bully. Why does India have to win in every country but not England? We won in 2007 but England haven't beaten us in India since 1984. :hysterical: And btw, this series is not over yet. :cantstop:

We almost batted 3 sessions today with 4 ducks. Between GG' date=' SRT, Laxman and Raina, we were short by at least 150 runs. With significant contributions from 3 of the 4 and 30/40 from Dravid/Mukund, we could bat for 4 sessions easily.[/quote'] What if those who did well in 1st inning don't do well in the 2nd .... the net sum could be the same :dontknow:

First bad bowling and then batting .... Ind needs a mr. fix it Someone will have to make tough decisions regarding the approach for the last two days. 1. If we bowl them out quickly, we still would have to chase around 350. 2. If we try to dry the runs, then we may cut down on the time we need to bat as Eng would take longer to get to a score of 200-220. But still a big task of trying to save the game We need to be positive, try to bowl Eng out for 150 (hopefully something will click) and then bat well. If we get into a defensive frame of mind, it might work in Eng's favor :dontknow:

First bad bowling and then batting .... Ind needs a mr. fix it Someone will have to make tough decisions regarding the approach for the last two days. 1. If we bowl them out quickly, we still would have to chase around 350. 2. If we try to dry the runs, then we may cut down on the time we need to bat as Eng would take longer to get to a score of 200-220. But still a big task of trying to save the game We need to be positive, try to bowl Eng out for 150 (hopefully something will click) and then bat well. If we get into a defensive frame of mind, it might work in Eng's favor :dontknow:
Yeah, pretty much. I think we need to attack in the first hour/session and see how it goes. If we don't pick up wickets, we have to try and make them work harder for the runs. If we bowl like we did at the back end of the first innings or in the first test in SA, we're fecked.