Lords test 2011 : Predictions and discussion

"It's why I believe this England side will eventually overtake India in Test cricket. Their bowlers are always well-prepared, they get the right amount of rest and they don't play in the IPL. England know how to peak," he said. But Hussain still gave India the upperhand in the series. "That's not to say India won't win this series, because they still have loads of quality in their team, but this is not the start they needed," he said.
Sweet sucking up to both England and India. If India wins this series in England with the English players supposedly at the peak of form, rest and preparations that will only indicate the gap in class between the Indians and the English no?
My honest prediction is that we might see more than 90 overs bowled today, If Zak doesnt bowl anymore and PK might not bowl well (considering he has been warned once) we have only Ishant, Bhajji and other part timers... The Englishmen might well up the ante and go become aggressive considering that these swing conditions might not last long and the pitch might become flat later on. They would like to go at our batsmen when the conditions are great for their bowlers... What i am hoping to happen is another matter :--D
So do you think setting a defensive field (something like 8 -1 field) would force england to take the initiative.It might not be as defensive as it seems.Remember people never criticised sammy for setting defensive fields but only criticised india for batting slowly.Just a thought. Also hope the pitch becomes flat so that we can maybe keep eng on the field for 2 and scoring 500+ against the so called worlds best attack.

cricinfo 10.50am Our first offering from Nagraj, who is at Lord's is, predictably, about Dhoni. "Dhoni did warm up with a few deliveries as soon as the players stepped on to the ground but he has the tendency to do that so doesn't mean he is going to bowl. Also management inform me that Zaheer has arrived."

Unfortunately he is right. Esp regarding the preperation point or the lak of it more like. Its embarassing in a way, preparing well is the one thing under our control it could have been ideal. To blame that on a ordinary day of cricket is farcical...

Even the WI batting was interesting than England batting..... There bowling isnt exciting....Is England the most boring Side in World Cricket?
Anderson with swing, Bresnan with pace & accuracy, Tremlett with bounce and Graeme Swann with spin & control. If this isn't exciting am not sure how you would cope with Sri Lanka !