England's bowlers weren't exceptional: Laxman

What he says was correct.Let me go through the dismissals. Was It a good ball Ist Innings: Mukund-anxious to get to 50,bad shot outside off,inside edge,bowled. NO Gambhir-good ball YES Dravid-NOT OUT Tendu-Bowled a full ball wide outside offstump went chasing it edged it. NO Laxman-Rank bad delivery,timed too well,caught at fineleg NO Raina-Well I cant say whether it was a goodball or not NO Dhoni-Good Ball YES 2nd Innings- Mukund-Again Inside Edge NO Gambhir-Forward defense ball hit pad NO Dravid-Extremely Poor Shot NO Tendu-GoodBall YES Laxman-Rank Bad delivery,Good Hook,Good Catch NO Dhoni-No need to go fishing outside for that ball NO Raina-Goodball,Although he was trying to farm strike . YES

He's absolutely right. The English team is the most hyped team at the mo, and their lousy, sh*t-mongering media and commies have a lot to do with it. SA has the most lethal bowlers at present, and any team on its given day can assemble a motley crew of effective bowlers at home. The reason their bowling has worked is because they pitch it up very well, which our guys must learn to do if they are to make their batsmen crumble. All this rubbish hype about their bowling, I think, is what may have played on the minds of most of our batsmen who got overly defensive. They should really stop giving a damn about what the media says and play their natural game regardless of who's bowling. The English keep chirping on about how Swann is the best spinner in the world, and even though he bowled well and oozed confidence, he was not in the least bit deadly, let alone unplayable.

He's absolutely right. The English team is the most hyped team at the mo' date=' and their lousy, sh*t-mongering media and commies have a lot to do with it. SA has the most lethal bowlers at present, and any team on its given day can assemble a motley crew of effective bowlers at home. The reason their bowling has worked is because they pitch it up very well, which our guys [b']must learn to do if they are to make their batsmen crumble. All this rubbish hype about their bowling, I think, is what may have played on the minds of most of our batsmen who got overly defensive. They should really stop giving a damn about what the media says and play their natural game regardless of who's bowling. The English keep chirping on about how Swann is the best spinner in the world, and even though he bowled well and oozed confidence, he was not in the least bit deadly, let alone unplayable.
You are right on many counts but I don't think our players are so naive that they would be bothered by what the media is saying. It's just that collectively the Poms played better than us,both in batting and in bowling. And about Swann, spinners like Warne and Murali have stuggled against us leave alone Swann.

I am pretty sure we would of knocked them out cheaply if we had one fresh third seamer on 4th day after lunch and then it was anybody's game from that point, that after having lost almost 8 out of 9 sessions of play. Winning a test match with virtually 2 bowlers is impossible and still we were in with a chance. I expect a much improved performance from India from now on. England are good, but not that good. Let's wait and see, still a long way to go.

VVS showing glimpse of Afretard. If there bowlers werent exceptional then our batting sucks more to be bowled out twice by an ordinary attack.
I think he probably meant that given the hype surrounding the England bowling attack, and the great attacks he has faced in the past. This England attack did not live up to his billing and India should be able to score more runs against them as the series goes on. Still don't think he should have said it though, it will only motivate the England bowlers more. If i was Duncan Fletcher, i would show the Indian team the various articles from all of the English pundits claiming that England are a far superior side and deserve to be the No 1 side in the world. India have not been a dominant number 1 but they have played some bloody good cricket in the last 2-3 years and won some great matches. I think the English pundits have been disrespectful. England may go on and win this series by 2 tests and become number 1 but India do not get enough credit for their performances since 2008.
If the England bowlers weren't exceptional then the Indian bowlers were bloody blind. Keep talking you bunch of tossers.
To be fair mate, the Indians have generally done little talking in this tour. Most of the talking has been done by the English players and in particular the likes of Hussain and Botham.