Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

:((But we got two more talented bowlers in Ish and PK:two_thumbs_up::icflove:
Yes, I think they are talented, but are they experienced enough. I would back them against Broad and Jimmy in India, but not here. However your batsmen will give you the chance here I think, it is whether you take it. We will see
I would challenge you that even with Zak in, you would still be out bowled by England, notice I said outbowled. Reasons, well firstly this is Broad's home ground and second Jimmy has an amazing record here. Why, well his ability to swing it both ways at will (I also think Zak would have too), but also he is the reconised master of the green top by many profession cricketers. I also think that your lesser bowlers are not as versed in UK conditions and so without Zak they will struggle
If Jimmey has an amazing record here,then so does the whole of the Indian team. We have traditionally enjoyed playing here. As for Zak's presence, i don't think in that scenario there was any way by which we would have been outbowled. Agreed that Jimmy is an execptional bowler when it swings but he would have been tantamount ed by Zak's presence. And in the 1st test second innings, we showed that our bowlers can deliver w/o Zak. Yes we ran out of seam after lunch but that was more so because of the absence of a 3rd seamer.
massively overcast today in nottingham' date=' very thick cloud. may be a bowl first pitch.[/quote'] India need to seize the advantage and play positively. If India bat first and do it really well, it will prove to be a huge advantage and give the bowlers chance to put England batsmen under pressure. India have the batsmen to put up a big total too. I dont want India's shaky bowling lineup put under pressure straight up to make early inroads and if they fail, it will be all downhill from there on. But the question is will Dhoni take the risk and can the batsmen back that up ?

Why bowl first after winning the toss? I just dont get it. A good pitch and we have decided to bowl first.We have burnt our fingers in the first match , bowling first and had to bat in 5th day pitch. Dhoni needs to back his batting and bat first.! It looks like India is playing for a draw from the outset, this defensive mode is not gonna help in this series...

It all depends on how our bowlers bowl. If they pick 3 or 4 wickets in the first session, it will prove to be a great decision. Otherwise, they are going to be up against it. I would've preferred India batting first, putting a big total on board and putting England batsmen under pressure.

Guest Gunner
I hope I am proved wrong..But if England put up a good score, we'd be in pressure in our first innings to save the match.. Of course weather must have made this decision by Dhoni.
It is a very cloudy day and the pitch has grass cover, I don't know why we shouldn't give our bowlers the advantage of those conditions. At Lord's our main bowler collapsed in the first session, that won't happen every time.

Our bowling is our weakness because some of them are inexperienced and others out of form and asking them to bowl out England cheaply means immediately putting pressure on them. Dhoni should have backed our batting because its our strength but Gambhir getting injured may have also influenced his decision.