F1 in India.. what waste of money !

Ram

Good to know that. Where did you pick that love for F1 Sriram? Was it when you were in India or when you moved abroad? Every single race..thats something. xxx
Have always been a sports freak ! and watched watevr sport that came on T.V, be it cricket , Tennnis , EPL, or F1.. Heck , I even used to watch the matches between west indies and zimbabwe [layed in west indies that started 10 p.m india time ! and only terrible scoldings from the rest of the family would make me sleep at 2 or 3 A.M.. But in 2005 there came a shock. They introduced the Conditionel Access System ( CAS) only in chennai ( ??? ) and there went all my sport channels. :haha::haha:

It was so unfortunate how ONLY chennai residents had to endure this CAS , while the rest of India enjoyed almost free-for-all cable. Because the of the CAS , the cable charges almost tripled and above that we had to buy this horse-**** set-top-box !

Whee.. F1 in India .. lol, not a big fan any more, but hell yeah ! You'd be surprised at how popular F1 is in Indian cities.. growing up in Delhi, everyone was a big fan. Hey fast cars and hot chics before the races.. what more do u want :cantstop: Another side-effect of these fancy sporting events which attract a lot of foreigners is that it vastly improves the infrastructure of the city. I think it's the goverment's mentality akin to how you would do up your house when somebody is visiting, otherwise they don't give a damn :haha: Look at Delhi, and how they've sped up all these projects (metro, flyovers, widening roads, cleanliness).. all because of the upcoming commonwealth games. Similar upgrades were done to Delhi earlier for the Asian games as well. I say we should have many more such events.. it'll only do good for the city, and interaction with ppl from all over the world also results in new ideas and perspectives for the local inhabitants of the cities.