What's the excuses this time?

Discriminatory bowling & batting conditions. When we bowl the ball does not swing and the pitch slows down but when our batsmen are batting the ball starts moving around with pace and bounce. ICC must ensure pitch conditions are the same for both teams. The best way to ensure this is to prepare Flat Dead tracks.
Better than the 'match was fixed'.. :giggle:
As a neutral cricket observer' date=' i must say its "the timing of ipl"....really, straight after world cup, everyone jumps into a month and a half long tournament.....it takes the toll....or esle..i think evryone would have been physically and mentally fresh for such a demanding tour...bcci next time should try to avoid kind of scheduling....."ipl" is not the problem, but "its timing" is[/quote'] QFT!!! :hatsoff: BCCI, you only care about $$$!!! I bet they would start caring about our fragile team if they lose a lot of fans after this disastrous Eng tour. Loss of fans = loss of $$$

This series has been like a Murphy's law for India... whatever could go wrong did go wrong and players walking in and out of the team without any practice or match fitness didn't help either. In other words, doesn't look like Indian team management or the board even bothered about the series after winning the WC. The situation's eerily similar to "back to school" when we used to get back to school after 1.5-2 months post summer vacation :haha: The best I can hope for is that this indeed is the case and you move on treating this series as a bad dream and make sure we beat Aus in Aus.

do u mean beat aus in a test or test series or odi? if u mean test series then keep in mind it has never ever happened in 70 yrs of ind test cricket history ' date= even winning 1 test in aus is a huge deal for any ind team ,same goes for odis
This is why we want to prepare for the series as this is our best bet to beat Aus in Aus. If we can't do it now I guess we will have to wait a long long time to do so.

Par Dravid and kumar to an extent, this series has been the worst ive seen from India of the ten years ive watched them (bear in mind the build up for this series, and considering the no 1 spot is up for grabs for England). All departments have been terrible, the fielding in Indian cricket has always been dreadful, from the likes of Ganguly to the likes of Patel. Dropped Catches in first test cost us dearest, and im being quite honest, not alot of effort is being shown in he field at all! But the fielding is the least of our concerns, specifically for this series! Bowling wise, we always knew things wold get difficult especially with our front line bowler gone, mr 400 in bad from and worst of all picking sreesanth, when the BCCI thinking sreesanth can do a SA again! Kumar has been a gem this series when compared to the others and has done well in his first series in England! I cant say the same for any other bowler we have (things must be bad, if the captain of all people decided to bowl) Batting for me, has been are worst department, lazy shots, not playing correctly, bad technique etc. we havent made a score past 300 once this series, something which im sure Pakistan and Bangladesh both did when they toured England, and the thought just gets worse when you realise our batting isnt as bad as the scorecard shows, obviously you have to give credit to the English for their preparation, determination, good line and length and their long batting line up. Bottom line, the contrast in the scorecards compliments to contrast in preparation between the sides leading up the test series, and England deserve this win, as theyve been nothing but brillant, unfortunately India still havent recieved the wake-up call!

I haven't had a chance to go through too many posts today, so can some kind soul briefly summarise what are excuses offered this time for the rout at Edgebaston yesterday? TIA :hatsoff:
This one's easy: 1) F#*&^% green top, Strauss was lucky with the toss. 2) Still no f&%$^ Zaheer in our team. Had he been around, England would be sucking wind! 3) Ah, that Ian Bell pr***, it is still affecting us